Too good to be true? (Bose In-Ear and Sure e2c)
May 26, 2008 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Peanuts

Head-Fier
So I'm looking for in-ear phones, for 50-60 dollars.

Now, there's this man on eBay, and he's selling these:

BOSE Tri-Port Headphones - New In Box Retail Value $100 - eBay (item 130225530049 end time May-28-08 10:25:01 PDT)

Shure E2c-n Sound Isolating Earphones (Black) - eBay (item 130225647455 end time May-28-08 18:58:00 PDT)

Considering they're worth a lot more in store, I'm fearing replicas, even though the seller is telling me they are real.

You guys have an opinion on that? I usually don't trust eBayers, but Bose and Shure aren't models I've ever seen replicated.

And if you think they're replicas, anything else you could recommend me for my budget?

Thanks a lot!

May 26, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #2 of 10
The pouch with the E2cs would make me worried. I remember the E2c came with a hard case (not sure if they changed that).

You should just buy from an authorized dealer, especially with Shure products. Buy from an authorized dealer and you get Shure's two year warranty along with their great customer service. A warranty is always useful when it comes to a cracked cable or something.

May 26, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #3 of 10
The guys number of transactions and feedback score look good but the price on both of these is way low. Also the carrying pouch picture with the Shures is all wrong. the Shures come with a round hard case. I'd stay away. Look here in the sales forum for IEM's in your price range.

May 26, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by pomme de terre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The pouch with the E2cs would make me worried. I remember the E2c came with a hard case (not sure if they changed that).

You should just buy from an authorized dealer, especially with Shure products. Buy from an authorized dealer and you get Shure's two year warranty along with their great customer service. A warranty is always useful when it comes to a cracked cable or something.

Yeah, I would not hesitate to do that for a second, if I was willing to spend twice the price I'm aiming to.

But thanks anyway guys, looks like I'll check out other places.
Unless someone here already bought earphones from that guy, I'd like to hear from you.

May 26, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #5 of 10
May 26, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #6 of 10
Actually, since he's telling me they are real, and if I receive replicas, I should be able to complain to eBay, right, since it would be "significantly different from the item description"?

And anyway, do you guys think the Bose are worth it? Because if I had to buy from him, it would be them, since I'm not sure I'd trust him with the Shures.

May 26, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanuts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And anyway, do you guys think the Bose are worth it?

Do you really want a pair of Bose? If you haven't run any searches yet, Bose gets repeatedly trashed here. I think they're awful at any price. If you want recommendations for good headphones, just ask. You've come to the right place.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #8 of 10
Well, yeah, I already asked for recommendations in my first post.

I've ran a few searches on here, but not specifically about Bose, but thanks for the tip.

So please you all, what would you recommend in the 50-60 dollars range?

May 26, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #10 of 10
Looks like fake stuff.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back