Tomahawk or XIN Super micro
Apr 15, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #61 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But for a portable flash player, a Cowon G3 or Nano 1st Gen or something with a clean amp would benefit from a supermicro paired with ksc75 or mdr-v6?? I'm assuming all of you with amps are gonna say you should use amps, right?

How many players come with a true line out? any flash ones at all?

Having used a Supermini-III w/ the headphone out of a 1st-gen Nano and a Cowon I5, and still sticking to the KSC75, yes. But, as a general rule, it can't be guaranteed, because it depends on how the noise is generated and how it gets to the signal that the opamp gets. However, you have the option of a refund, so...

Oh, and of course you should use an amp. I think a few days amped with the KSC75 will make you a believer (you may even notice it within hours).

Apr 15, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #62 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But for a portable flash player, a Cowon G3 or Nano 1st Gen or something with a clean amp would benefit from a supermicro paired with ksc75 or mdr-v6?? I'm assuming all of you with amps are gonna say you should use amps, right?

How many players come with a true line out? any flash ones at all?

The nano has a true line out.

Apr 15, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #63 of 68
For those that have used the Supermicro IV. Is the SMIV just as quite as the tomahawk? Or does it hiss a little when using a ALO dock?

Thianks

May 11, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #66 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the maximum headphone impedance that can be driven by a Tomahawk?

The question is how well? If you listen at very low levels a 600 ohm can will be ok. If you are into pain a 300 is to much.

Another factor is how hot is your source, for example a home DAC will probably put out 2.2 vrms vs. 1 for a portable. The higher the numer the less work the amp has to do (to a point of course).

May 15, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #67 of 68
how does the payment works with xin?, when it ships or when I order?. have no money on my acc. for the moment, but since ill have to w8 3 months ill like to order it now...

May 15, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #68 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by frekvens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does the payment works with xin?, when it ships or when I order?. have no money on my acc. for the moment, but since ill have to w8 3 months ill like to order it now...

If you pay with Paypal you get charged right away. If you pay by credit card he charges the card right before it ships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back