Todd the vinyl Junkie audiophile show... WARNING: Lots of pics added
Feb 10, 2005 at 8:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
Well I am here in the hotel and just about to go to bed.

checked out the theater for a bit, actually longer then a bit..but still.

its going to be a awesome time when the show starts later today. Todd rolled out some heavy hitting equiment for this.

I finally and smoking and drinking a coffee after two flights and walking around most of the day, and Todd took me around to see what three forks has to offer..hehe

let me tell you these people here dont mess around with the steaks or food. I had a steak that had to be still breathing it was so good, they even give you shrimp salad to..nice! the air around here is so damm clean its not funny. very nice town and awesome people here..

any requests?
I am going to get on my mail for now but will be checking back here for your replys..

I am listening to my new 225's and a loaned sr-71..nice
makes me feel like home sort of.

Feb 10, 2005 at 9:02 AM Post #2 of 64
The plane didn't crash, Billy.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I wish I could've gone to the meet, it sounded like it was going to be seriously awesome. I'll have to come to one of the ones closer to me sometime.

Feb 10, 2005 at 10:58 AM Post #4 of 64
update...well not really but a dumb story that only can come from me...

so I am borrowing todd's sr-71 and using it now in the hotel room with my newly bought 225's and the d-ej2000 with cardas mini inter connect.
well I remember asking Todd if the battries are good and he said "yeah they are"...
so I am really digging this setup and the volume starts going out...lol
now its 3:30am in threeforks montana and I find myself walking in god knows how cold to find and buy some 9 volts..
I walked around about a half a mile and I turned back when I seen a rabbit that was up past my knee..lol haha

ok back to the show...

Feb 10, 2005 at 1:32 PM Post #5 of 64
hehe, that's the one thing about living in a small town. You can't find a store to sell you batteries at three in the morning.

Pics! I wanna see tons of pics!

Feb 10, 2005 at 1:37 PM Post #6 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812

now its 3:30am in threeforks montana and I find myself walking in god knows how cold to find and buy some 9 volts..
I walked around about a half a mile and I turned back when I seen a rabbit that was up past my knee..lol haha

It was Threeforks room service....
biggrin.gif

http://www.dealersdirect.com/Dealer/...ique/bunny.jpg

Amicalement

Feb 10, 2005 at 6:25 PM Post #7 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Man, I forget what clean air smells like.
tongue.gif

No wonder: Location: Cage
You have to smelll alot of your own ****.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 11, 2005 at 8:56 AM Post #8 of 64
well guys and gals it was a great first day, man I cant begin to tell you the fun and stuff that happened.

I say we ALL use this next year as a mega meet! really people Todd has something here, you stay for 3 days and get away from all the b/s of everyday. you have three days to listen to what you want so you can and will ge that long over due chance.

high lights off the top of my head,

oh man I dont know, i had it all written down and I gave fred the paper...jeezzz..my notes.

anyway I guess I will have to wait till tomorrow to catch more flavor, dudes you should be kicking urselfs for not doing this...bug Todd for next year..

dude its a headfi getaway!
awesome

Feb 13, 2005 at 8:52 AM Post #10 of 64
Todd the vinyl Junkie basic layout…
(not counting the headphone setup)

speaker setup 1
nad 542
nad 320bee
c422
grado ph-1
goldring gr-1
epos ec53
dimarzio m path
nordost flatwire

speaker setup 2
RSA stealth
RSA xr-10b
Meridian go8
Meridian G57
Fatboy
Transorter
Nordost vahalla
Cardas golden reference
Sehring 04

Speaker setup 3
Pass labs Rushmore
Vpi hrx
Lyra titan
Meridian g02
Elp laser TT
RSA xr10b
Nordost vahalla
Cardas golden reference

Speaker setup 4
Meridian 808
Meridian Eight thousand speakers

Spkr1 thoughts..
For the money you can not go wrong, simply awesome for the buck of around $1500 (contact Todd for actual price on package or components.). the NAD 542 320Bee amp running into the Nordost flatwire through the epos Ec53 speakers were very nice for their price. I could easily see this setup for the beginner in highend audio, It’s a bang for your buck hear.

Spkr2 thoughts..
Listening through the Fatboy TT running in the xr10b was nice. The center imaging on this setup was the best (as in price and performance.). This was a well heard setup and probably most enjoyed by the attendants the most. We were switching out the Sehring’s with the Mobile Fidelity oml-2 towers. The two speaker pairs where getting a lot of love for their sound and non-intimidating price. The G08 through the stealth preamp was a sound I am well used to very much.

Spkr3 thoughts..
OMG the PASS LABS RUSHMORE speakers where huge, in sound and in price. The pure evil gigantic look of these wood and stone mammoths was a jaw dropping visual, and so was their retail price and sound. The VPI TT didn’t win the stereophile’s award for nothing and I knew that off the bat. The xr10b from RSA was a essential organ for any real vinyl junkie.

Spkr4 thoughts..
Dude when you have the flagship MERIDIAN SPEAKERS AND DIGITAL PLAYER in front of you what else can you ask for?..enough said.

(these were quick thoughts and notes written in the time of the actual show itself, if for any reason I was incorrect on a spelling of price please don’t fret. Any questions about the gear used then ask Todd at ttvj.com)

thanx..

Todd the Vinyl junkie,
It was great to see you and hang out, cant wait till next year.

Headroom,
I never really took a serious look at you people before but I was so in shock from the tour alone that I didn’t say much the whole day after. Thank you Jamie and tyll, I must have your gear soon to play with…lol

The lovely ladies at “A slice of heaven bakery” nextdoor..
Espresso, home baked cookies, great food throughout…I wish you were located in Chicago.

Fort three forks motel
Thanx for giving us audio nuts a break on the prices, great room’s at a amazing price.

Slappa cases..
Thank you for making such a nice cd case for the road, you shall be the only case maker I buy from now on.

Cardas
Free swag anyone? Great cables anyone? w/e the answer is I know that I am a proud owner of a cardas senn cable now.

Mike at Meridian
Thank you thank you thank you,
You had a lot of g08 owners their and you (like your company) was top notch!

Ray Samuels,
Lol you were the most entertaining single person at the meet, lol.

Others I met..
I met a lot of great people here, esp the local folks of threeforks and Bozeman Montana..
I learned a lot and it was a well treated time from well gracious people!

Anything you others want to know?
Pics should be up soon as I fly back to Chicago, the dial up here isn’t to hott..lol

Feb 14, 2005 at 7:59 PM Post #13 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
P.S. Was Billy the only one representative from the Head-Fi membership...

Genetic --

Nope, I was there --
I am still recovering, though!
Man, that was a lot of gear!

BANGPOD

Feb 14, 2005 at 8:22 PM Post #15 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
What its over already!?!?
eek.gif

Im still on the road
frown.gif

lol your nuts

I am back give me time to hook up my g08>hr2>and my new rs-1's.
also I think I need time to make a espresso and mellow out a bit.

my plane flight back was fun, first I got really sick cause of the pressure from the take off on my teeth, then a flight attendent was hitting on me..to bad HE is not my type...which in turn ruined my chance with Kelly the cutie sitting next to me...arrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back