Today's DVD releases...my wallet is screaming!
Oct 22, 2003 at 5:44 PM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by brent_mr2
There is a good scene at the end of Raiders where the Ark lid flies up and falls down. I know someone that uses that to show off his home theater system
wink.gif

Per the above, thought you might find this (from yesterday's Atlanta Journal-Constitution) interesting:

INDIANA JONES . . . AND FACTS FROM THE DVD YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW

• The definitive oomph of taking the top off the "Raiders" ark was achieved by sliding the lid off a bathroom toilet tank.

• The slithering of snakes on top of each other in "Raiders" was made aural by soundmen squishing fingers through cheese casserole.

Oct 23, 2003 at 5:06 AM Post #32 of 36
I know where you are with this John. I just bought three dvd's, and I also really want the Battlestar Galactica boxed set too, and am still pondering the purchase of the recently released Shogun complete mini series set.
The difficult part is that I would maybe watch Shogun probably twice, over time, and, to me, that dosent justify dropping $60.00 on it. Sadly, if I dont buy though, it there isnt ANY way to see it at all. No rental store in my area is stocking it, including various Blockbusters, other national chains, the local stores, etc.
frown.gif

JC

Quote:

Originally posted by JMedeiros
OK..so I broke down and treated myself to Season One of Smallville over the weekend...it was an indulgence but I never suspected today's trauma....

Today I walk into Best Buy and fresh on the shelves are:

The Indiana Jones Collection

Law & Order SVU Season 1

Law & Order CI Season 1

Taken-The Mini-Series (the only one not "on sale")

Battlestar Galactica The Entire Series (in a plastic Cylon head cover!)

and the film I went there to get...28 Days Later....

after much inner turmoil and rolling around on the carpet at Best Buy I ended up buying:

The Indiana Jones Collection
L&O SVU (my favorite of the franchise)
28 Days Later

My wallet is screaming at the top of it's little kidskin lungs.

John

Oct 23, 2003 at 5:35 AM Post #33 of 36
How about Chemical Brothers Single 93-03 dvd like? anyone seen it? Ive been trying to find some reviews (other than amazon) for this dvd.

Oct 23, 2003 at 6:35 AM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
Rent DVD's? Interesting concept...
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Yeah...
[size=xx-small]...or borrow...[/size]

Oct 23, 2003 at 1:02 PM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by Nightfall
The difficult part is that I would maybe watch Shogun probably twice, over time, and, to me, that dosent justify dropping $60.00 on it. Sadly, if I dont buy though, it there isnt ANY way to see it at all. No rental store in my area is stocking it, including various Blockbusters, other national chains, the local stores, etc.
frown.gif

JC

Hey J-

Do what I do....find the lowest price you can on Shogun...or any series set.....buy it...watch it till you drop...then resell it on Half.com for a buck or two less than anybody else has it listed for. The money you lose on the resale usually ends up being cheaper than renting the individial discs would have been anyway.
smily_headphones1.gif
I have actually made a couple bucks a few times doing this when I originally bought a set on sale.

John

Oct 24, 2003 at 5:02 AM Post #36 of 36
Good suggestion, John, thanks.

JC

Quote:

Originally posted by JMedeiros
Hey J-

Do what I do....find the lowest price you can on Shogun...or any series set.....buy it...watch it till you drop...then resell it on Half.com for a buck or two less than anybody else has it listed for. The money you lose on the resale usually ends up being cheaper than renting the individial discs would have been anyway.
smily_headphones1.gif
I have actually made a couple bucks a few times doing this when I originally bought a set on sale.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back