Today's DVD releases...my wallet is screaming!
Oct 21, 2003 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

JMedeiros

Headphoneus Supremus
OK..so I broke down and treated myself to Season One of Smallville over the weekend...it was an indulgence but I never suspected today's trauma....

Today I walk into Best Buy and fresh on the shelves are:

The Indiana Jones Collection

Law & Order SVU Season 1

Law & Order CI Season 1

Taken-The Mini-Series (the only one not "on sale")

Battlestar Galactica The Entire Series (in a plastic Cylon head cover!)

and the film I went there to get...28 Days Later....

after much inner turmoil and rolling around on the carpet at Best Buy I ended up buying:

The Indiana Jones Collection
L&O SVU (my favorite of the franchise)
28 Days Later

My wallet is screaming at the top of it's little kidskin lungs.

John

Oct 21, 2003 at 10:24 PM Post #2 of 36
DUDE!!!!
I thought I went nuts buying DVDs at Amazon the other day. I ain't even in the same league as you.

I only got;
Hollywood Knights
American Graffiti collectors edition
Used Cars

I did get 2 copies of Hollywood Knights, a friend at work wanted one.

Oct 21, 2003 at 10:28 PM Post #3 of 36
No more CD3000s for you... until next month!
eek.gif
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2003 at 10:35 PM Post #4 of 36
Wow, I am glad I don't follow those TV series releases, not even Simpsons. I grabbed Indiana Jones at Target for 45.99 + tax and got a case of free Dr. Pepper to boot.

Oct 21, 2003 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 36
He he, thanks, John, people seem divided on the subject. Here's the full image ("authentic" Roswell alien!
eek.gif
wink.gif
) Creepy, huh?

alien.jpg

Oct 21, 2003 at 10:48 PM Post #7 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
He he, thanks, John, people seem divided on the subject. Here's the full image ("authentic" Roswell alien!
eek.gif
wink.gif
) Creepy, huh?

alien.jpg

That's wild...now I wish I had gotten Taken...all that stopped me is that I cannot stand that actress from Blair Witch who's in the second half and that horrible Max Headroom actor. The scenes with the two of them are sheer torture and obscene displays of scenery chewing.

John

Oct 21, 2003 at 10:53 PM Post #8 of 36
I liked that miniseries, it was surprisingly good, very suspenseful. I was reading that there are people who believe Spielberg is an agent of the government, or at least has been "let in" on all our "dealings" with ETs, and he's been "chosen" to help us become "prepared" for the final revealtion of the whole phenomenon, sort of ease us into it with movies like CE3K, ET, and Taken. Anyway, the second I saw this, I said-- you are my new avatar!
cool.gif

Oct 21, 2003 at 10:55 PM Post #9 of 36
I really loved the miniseries...but thosen two actors get on my nerves...especially when they had done such a fine job of casting with all the other roles.

Oct 21, 2003 at 11:29 PM Post #10 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
I liked that miniseries, it was surprisingly good, very suspenseful. I was reading that there are people who believe Spielberg is an agent of the government, or at least has been "let in" on all our "dealings" with ETs, and he's been "chosen" to help us become "prepared" for the final revealtion of the whole phenomenon, sort of ease us into it with movies like CE3K, ET, and Taken.

He's been contracted by the government to acclimate us to the pending invasion... which any good X-Files fan can tell you is coming December 22nd, 2012...

tongue.gif

[size=xx-small]Sorry John... now back on topic
biggrin.gif
[/size]

Oct 21, 2003 at 11:41 PM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by john_jcb
Speaking of mini-series... Does anyone watch Carnivale on HBO?

yup..totally hooked on Carnivale.

recently got caught up in Nip/Tuck on FX during their marathon too.

Oct 21, 2003 at 11:42 PM Post #13 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by john_jcb
Speaking of mini-series... Does anyone watch Carnivale on HBO?

Oh yeah. Pretty strange that one. Very well done though.

Oct 21, 2003 at 11:55 PM Post #14 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar
He's been contracted by the government to acclimate us to the pending invasion... which any good X-Files fan can tell you is coming December 22nd, 2012...

Isn't that when the most accurate calander known, the mayan calander, just stops? Or is that 2014?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back