Today, finally receivediBasso Reference DAP DX100
Jan 24, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #108 of 126
Guys and gals sorry to burst your bubbles but upon further inspection that extra cable is not for charging. I'm guessing it's an audio cable of some sort. So I can't confirm if a external battery pack will actually work. Once again sorry for the misunderstanding :p

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #109 of 126

Quote:
Guys and gals sorry to burst your bubbles but upon further inspection that extra cable is not for charging. I'm guessing it's an audio cable of some sort. So I can't confirm if a external battery pack will actually work. Once again sorry for the misunderstanding :p

All has been discussed here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/592076

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #110 of 126

So far I feel the sound is an improvement over the Studio V. I'll have to spend more time with it to gauge its qualities and sound. Now if you were just looking into having a FLAC player with great sound and portability the Studio V is an excellent choice. But it too does have its flaws. One being hiss which I am more than willing to live with because it sounds that good on my IE80s. I have to say this player (DX100) is mainly worth it's weight if you are gonna use most of its features and have good headphones/IEMs to use it to its potential. Looking forward to getting my Heir 8.A and seeing what this baby can do :). I have yet to test my Open-back denon 5000s but I'll give it a whirl when I get home...
Quote:
No USB charge, no USB DAC, limited battery life, I hope the sound is better than a StudioV  ?

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #111 of 126

Quote:

You should have:
  1. a male mini-USB to male standard USB to connect the DX100 to a computer, for up & downloading music
  2. a male 3.5mm mini-jack to male RCA for coaxial digital audio output from the DX100
  3. a standard US/ASIA mains cable (easily replaceable by a standard one of your continent/country) that plugs into the 100-240V AC to 12V DC adapter to power and charge up the DX100

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #112 of 126

Quote:
So far I feel the sound is an improvement over the Studio V. I'll have to spend more time with it to gauge its qualities and sound. Now if you were just looking into having a FLAC player with great sound and portability the Studio V is an excellent choice. But it too does have its flaws. One being hiss which I am more than willing to live with because it sounds that good on my IE80s. I have to say this player (DX100) is mainly worth it's weight if you are gonna use most of its features and have good headphones/IEMs to use it to its potential. Looking forward to getting my Heir 8.A and seeing what this baby can do :). I have yet to test my Open-back denon 5000s but I'll give it a whirl when I get home...

Heir!!! now I see.............................

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #113 of 126
Also the Studio does not play any flac above 16/44, at least the one I tried about 1 year ago didn't

Quote:

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #114 of 126

I was told it could do up to 16/48, still not as good as the higher samples but a viable option when downsampling from 24/96. I for one am not gonna part with my studio V. The 601 will be on the for sale forum shortly.
Quote:
Also the Studio does not play any flac above 16/44, at least the one I tried about 1 year ago didn't

S

Jan 24, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #118 of 126
Jan 24, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #120 of 126

Users who are viewing this thread

Back