To Those Who Go to the Gym, Jog, or Do Other Physical Activities, Do You Use a Seperate Earphones?
Mar 1, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 7
I use my customs for working out, but I store them in a hearing aid dehumidifier to get rid of moisture.  

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #4 of 7
My Meelec M6's are my main gym pair. Sound great, stay put, and are cheap to replace. I used to use the NuForce's but was constantly pushing them back in my ears.. :xf_eek:

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
No problem with wetting the wires during workout? I heard some wires are very sensitive to wetness.

I use my customs too.  They have detachable cables, so I end up replacing them around every 8-12 months for about $30.  Customs can be dangerous for certain activities (like the weight room) at the gym though. 

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #6 of 7
Tried to use separate cheaper phones, but i just hated to switch from better sounding ones
BTW, my experience with using westones as gym/jogging earphones was very positive, they really can handle a lot of sweat, cold temperatures, rain and snow :)

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #7 of 7
Just make sure to use ones with detachable cords (like the 4R) as it is the weakest link.  Over time sweat and strain will cause one ear to cut in and out (from my experience).

The other issue I had using universals that isolate decently but not great is that I found myself turning the sound up to unhealthy levels to drown out the sound of the machines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back