To the PC source people! What do you listen to?
May 9, 2004 at 6:56 AM Post #61 of 67
can you use CDex & FLAC? flac is just a codec right.
confused.gif

May 9, 2004 at 5:41 PM Post #64 of 67
Hmm type of .wav file should I initially rip to? There is a big list of different .wav (formats?) Then which program do I need to encode these .wav files into FLAC? THanks a lot everyone! This is real fun!
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2004 at 9:45 PM Post #65 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaK
Hmm type of .wav file should I initially rip to? There is a big list of different .wav (formats?) Then which program do I need to encode these .wav files into FLAC? THanks a lot everyone! This is real fun!
biggrin.gif

WAV is a standard type, but I think you can also use compression on the wav file. Just rip to standard wav. If you use EAC or CDEX they'll do it by default.

May 10, 2004 at 12:21 AM Post #66 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
WAV is a standard type, but I think you can also use compression on the wav file. Just rip to standard wav. If you use EAC or CDEX they'll do it by default.

Rgr that! I have EAC and I just got the FLAC Front end! Nice! Sounds very good! Even on my crappy onboard sound + $30 yamaha 2.1 computer speakers :p Can't wait for something half decent.
280smile.gif

May 10, 2004 at 4:39 AM Post #67 of 67
I use EAC to rip to FLAC and to Lame APS (for my portable, i simply cannot decide what music to get rid of, in order to change my portable to lossless) all one step process through MAREO a thirdparty plugin for EAC to rip to two or more formats in one sitting. I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back