To tell or not to tell?
Jan 14, 2012 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

cifani090

Headphoneus Supremus
So i went to the bathroom at my high school and about 30 seconds after i went in and shut the door, two other kids that i know came in and was doing a transaction (you know what i mean). I only knew one of the voices, but after i left and went to class i saw the one kids voice that i remember with the other kid that was with him. In the transaction they said that he was to come to the other kids locker to get more. I was thinking... should i tell and get something out of the administration (grade booster, cant get in trouble?) or just leave it be? Neither kid knew i was in the bathroom, and im sick of crap like this going on at my school.

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #5 of 60
"Get something out of administration"?

They wouldn't owe you anything, and for you to expect a quid pro quo on something this basic is immoral in and of itself.

Tell, of course. But tell only a member of administration that you trust, if there is one.

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #6 of 60
Its none of your business, they could of been talking about anything.

In the end its your word against theirs.

For all you know they were trading something that isnt related to what you were thinking.

You will end up making yourself a pariah, is it worth it ?

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #7 of 60
Quote:
"Get something out of administration"?

They wouldn't owe you anything, and for you to expect a quid pro quo on something this basic is immoral in and of itself.

Tell, of course. But tell only a member of administration that you trust, if there is one.

Ya, i would be a little greedy in that remark. But this is quite a lead, its not as if they gets leads ever hour.

Quote:
Its none of your business, they could of been talking about anything.

In the end its your word against theirs.

For all you know they were trading something that isnt related to what you were thinking.

You will end up making yourself a pariah, is it worth it ?

"Do you got it" Ya, i got it" "$200 right" "Ive got more in my locker"

I dont think i would be a pariah because as far as i know that conversation is confidential and they never knew i was in the bathroom. In high school, whatelse would people be doing in the bathroom? I do know that people start fights in there as well as "burn" there newly acquired product.

Jan 14, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #10 of 60

Quote:
Then you get a target painted on your back for the rest of your high school career, but accomplish nothing that anonymous tipping doesn't.

No, surely the entire high school student body will idolize you, put you on a pedestal as law enforcement professional and cowboy vigilante of the halls!

Jan 14, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #11 of 60
I say tell but do it anonymously. If the school does their job correctly, the ought to take all claims , anonymous or not, seriously and investigate. If the school fails to find something, it would at least scare the dealers/buyers. 

Jan 14, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #14 of 60

Quote:
All evil-doers will fear him and tremble as he stalks the halls.

Women will present him with flowers, and he will receive a lifetime pass to OCB!

Jan 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #15 of 60
Quote:
So i went to the bathroom at my high school and about 30 seconds after i went in and shut the door, two other kids that i know came in and was doing a transaction (you know what i mean). I only knew one of the voices, but after i left and went to class i saw the one kids voice that i remember with the other kid that was with him. In the transaction they said that he was to come to the other kids locker to get more. I was thinking... should i tell and get something out of the administration (grade booster, cant get in trouble?) or just leave it be? Neither kid knew i was in the bathroom, and im sick of crap like this going on at my school.

This is what's wrong with America. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back