Tips for the RE0
Jul 4, 2009 at 6:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

LebCa

New Head-Fier
The RE0's are on their way and I was looking for some tips to grab and try with them. I was thinking some comply foams but I'm open to any tips people liked with these headphones, and reasons too: how they affected certain aspects of the sound as well as isolation.

One question though. Which size comply's should I get, t400?

Jul 4, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #2 of 59
i want to know too
cuz mine are on their way too
biggrin.gif

i thought there are some threads out there which talk about the different characteristics of the different tips

u may want to do a search

Jul 4, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 59
i am not sure
but when i ordered
the statement that it will come with a free E3 amp was still there
is it still there now?

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by chicaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine is on the way too

2009-07-04 21:47:44 SHANGHAI Arrival at Sorting Center

U guys get the free E3 amp? Seems like they removed it already.

I'm guessing they're out, because I ordered mine on the 30th, they came in yesterday, and I didn't get any.

Anyway, the bi-flanges that come with the re0 are generally recommended.

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #6 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by guineapig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing they're out, because I ordered mine on the 30th, they came in yesterday, and I didn't get any.

Anyway, the bi-flanges that come with the re0 are generally recommended.

Does your come with any hard case? How do we protect them if there is no hard case? Hmm.

Jul 7, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #7 of 59
Mine arrived today and I tested them against the RE2's thus far and I like them. As far as tips go I found that the smaller bi-flanges included with the RE0's were the most comfortable. Unfortunately, it looks like Head-direct only sells the regular sized ones. Anyone know where to pick up more pairs of the smaller clear bi-flanges? I hear the insert hole gets too big after a few months of use. Also, the single-flange tips included s-m-l do these sizes compare to the comply foam sizes s-m-l?

I will post my take/review as a step-by-step through the songs I listened to and took notes on, if anyone is interested. If no interest, then I won't waste mine and your time. After all, these are my first pair of 'higher' quality headphones unless you count the hd280s. But I am a music major and have been taught to listen for certain things. I just can't compare these to any other headphones you would be interested in or own.

Also, no hardcase included. except the packaging. Anyone recommend a portable case for these?

Jul 7, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #9 of 59
I didn't like any of the tips provided, so I'm currently using the XL sized Sony hybrids that came with EX700.
Not as comfortable as using complys, but hybrid tips sounded better to me.

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #10 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ please do post your notes/impressions, i am interested

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/a...6/#post5831634

There's my review, long and wordy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by markh78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't like any of the tips provided, so I'm currently using the XL sized Sony hybrids that came with EX700.
Not as comfortable as using complys, but hybrid tips sounded better to me.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll try them if I can get ahold of a pair.

Jul 9, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #11 of 59
Tips are probably the biggest issue I'm having with these phones right now - they all seem to be coming off of the nozzle in my ears!

The black soft silicon ones that come with the re0 are the worst, coming off in my ear virtually every time, followed by the small bi-flanges. The comply foams do just fine as long as I only have them in my ear for a little while. After an hour or so they seem to warm up and the plastic tube inside loosens its grip on the nozzle. The only tips I've tried that haven't come off in my ears are the large bi-flanges, and while they seem to give me the best sound, while being completely still of course, they're the least comfortable of the bunch (congested head feeling).

I'm pretty concerned about this. Anyone else having issues?

Jul 9, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #12 of 59
hmm im using the black silicon ones and have no issues w/ them coming off

im trying to decide on the hybrids or complys to see if they improve sq/isolation.. might just get both

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #13 of 59
it may just be personal to me but the stock tips that come with the RE0's imo kinda suck..the medium is too small and the large is too big..obv this is subject to my dumb ear size but I couldn't get a good seal with any of the tips supplied, the best was the large bi-flanges but they're still no where near as good as the complys. Kinda a bit annoyed since, whilst I like the complys, they get awfully dirty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back