Tips for Stax SR-001?
Apr 11, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #3 of 8
HeadphoneAddict,

I'm not familiar with the Bueller brand...

smily_headphones1.gif

Stacey

Apr 11, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #4 of 8
I had very limited success removing the core of a shure olive and stretching it over the SR-001 sound tube. Ultimately it wasn't worth trying but I was able to get a seal with them it's just they wouldn't stay on securely. I was using a medium size and maybe something could be done with a larger size and more patience.

Good luck on your search for new tips though.

Apr 12, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #6 of 8
I was seriously considering buying a pair to mod into supra-aural headphones but it's a pretty steep price to do something irreversible to that might not work well.

Though I don't see how they can have a seal and be open at the same time, so it probably wouldn't make them useless.

Jul 10, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
go to a audiologist and get the ear molds, then drill the right size holes in them, and glue on the earspeakers.... super comfy, perfect seal.

will surely void the stax warrantee though :evil

Did you try this solution ? I'm about to make it but want a feedback before, please ...
If you got some picture of the Stax set with ear molds, I'll be happy to see them.

Jul 29, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #8 of 8
12 year old post that I’m bringing back up…

I still have my Stax SR-001’s and haven’t done anything to help with comfort. In fact, they may have been in the original box the last 12 years. Any updates to making these things more comfortable? In 12 years, somebody has to have made them more wearable, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back