Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120
Sep 28, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #332 of 1,162
Incoming UD110 @ early next week. Will update this thread once I received it.

Sep 28, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #333 of 1,162
  Incoming UD110 @ early next week. Will update this thread once I received it.

cool!
size]

I've been wanting to try out one of the tiny usb stick dacs, and this being the newest offering, I decided to pull the trigger on it and see how it goes...

Sep 28, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #335 of 1,162

Can you also confirm that is it compatible with Android ? thanks

My Xperia TX, while has the USB Audio driver, isn't great at powering USB DAC because it doesn't pump enough current out of its microUSD socket. I doubt the UD100 will run on it, as UD100 doesn't. I'll see what I can do but don't keep your hope up.

Sep 30, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #337 of 1,162
I'm getting the feeling the UD110 might not work with Android.. reason being: a driver might be required (SA provided me with the link).  Don't take that as definitive proof, just something to consider.  As always, we'll find out soon enough.

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #338 of 1,162
yeah, I received tracking info during the weekend, along with a link for the driver.

I'll try it on my S4 whenever I get the UD110 and report back, but I also felt the same way when I read "You can download the driver from here..."
confused_face.gif

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #340 of 1,162
Just carried out some RMAA measurement on the UD110. So far it is looking as good as the UD100.

It does need to install the driver to work, so Android phone is kind of out of the question.

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #342 of 1,162

Just carried out some RMAA measurement on the UD110. So far it is looking as good as the UD100.

It does need to install the driver to work, so Android phone is kind of out of the question.

Thanks for the update, ClieOS.. have you found a USB "case" that it'll fit into?

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #343 of 1,162
How loud do headphones get direct into the ud110? Does in really need a dedicated amp?

Extremely loud for most headphone, as it is a proper line-out @ 2Vmrs.

Yes, it needs a dedicated amp. The volume is software adjustable, so you can lower the volume using Windows' volume control (Mac is not supported so far, AFAIK Mac and Linux are supported, but may not work at max resolution of 32/96), but consider the output impedance is around 480ohm, it is never meant to drive any load (*headphone) directly. You can still connect your headphone to the UD110 by lowering the software volume - but the headphone will never sound anywhere as good as it can.

Thanks for the update, ClieOS.. have you found a USB "case" that it'll fit into?

I do, and will post picture of it when I finished the impression. However, here is a bit of early warning: it is longer and thicker than UD100, so finding a suitable case will not be that easy.

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #345 of 1,162

I do, and will post picture of it when I finished the impression. However, here is a bit of early warning: it is longer and thicker than UD100, so finding a suitable case will not be that easy.

Excellent.. looking forward to it.  Hope you'll get a chance to compare SQ to the ODAC, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back