Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Aug 24, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #691 of 1,427
For those who own the ES100, have you tried the P1's with the ES100?
Thanks![/QUOTE]
I have a bunch of tips at home, anything from comply, spinfit to symbio hybrid. Yet the ones that give me the best fit with the P1 are surprisingly those silicone tips that come with the Jaybird Freedom. Something about the shape and softness of them. Everything else makes the P1 wiggle in my ear from just moving around. YMMV

Tipwise, symbio w seemed to give me 2x bass due to better seal but they are firm and a bit uncomfortable after a little bit. Spinfit much more comfortable but bass lacking. I cut some soft foam earplugs and filled the spinfits to make my own frankenhybrid, which worked amazingly well, great comfort and all the bass I need.
IMG_20190824_072750_zpsizpg4191.jpg

BTW, portably using es100. While it doesn't have much headroom for more volume, I think it sounds great! It's certainly enough for me.

Aug 24, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #692 of 1,427

Thanks, those look great. Too bad I don't have a balanced output.

I got my Tin P1 today and I find the sound so different from the reviews here that I wonder if I got another revision of the P1. Especially with the bass, which by the general opinion here is lacking in sub-bass. That's not what I hear.
My setup:
Transport: Neutron MP on Android, USB output with FiiO ML06 cable.
DAC/Amp: FiiO Q5s/FiiO AM3E on 4.4 balanced output.
Cable: https://bit.ly/2PcTj0p

You tried comparing those cables to the stock ones in terms of SQ? (even though 1 is balanced and the other is SE).

Aug 24, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #693 of 1,427
For those who own the ES100, have you tried the P1's with the ES100?
Thanks!

Tipwise, symbio w seemed to give me 2x bass due to better seal but they are firm and a bit uncomfortable after a little bit. Spinfit much more comfortable but bass lacking. I cut some soft foam earplugs and filled the spinfits to make my own frankenhybrid, which worked amazingly well, great comfort and all the bass I need.
IMG_20190824_072750_zpsizpg4191.jpg

BTW, portably using es100. While it doesn't have much headroom for more volume, I think it sounds great! It's certainly enough for me.[/QUOTE]

This is interesting. Would you please share more details about you frankenhybrids?

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #694 of 1,427

You tried comparing those cables to the stock ones in terms of SQ? (even though 1 is balanced and the other is SE).
No, I didn't. I will later on. For now I enjoy them so much that I don't want to change anything.

Aug 24, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #696 of 1,427
This is interesting. Would you please share more details about you frankenhybrids?[/QUOTE]

I just cut about a half a centimeterfrom the tip of the ear plug, the rounded part. Poked a hole in the center with a scissors just stretched it out a bit to wrap around the center tube, so it rests beneath the mushroom. I basically copied the symbios but the spinfits use softer rubber and the earplugs use much softer foam.

Aug 25, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #697 of 1,427
P1s may have just found their ‘soul mate’ :) R3 + Mojo has detail and ‘power a plenty’ giving loads of head room.

A0F2B282-87FF-4348-807A-BD6BB68D7FEE.jpeg

Aug 25, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #698 of 1,427
"R3" being?

Aug 25, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #700 of 1,427
Thanks. What was the tips in this case?

It seem like normally people need to try a bunch of tips and what works for someone doesn't work for someone else so seem like it can't easily be done.
Also it seem like people are kinda agreeing on that longer stems would had improved seal and if such it seem like an easy solution for them to fix and a fault/flaw in the design and that that is what should be done to fix it onwards instead.

Aug 25, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #701 of 1,427
Thanks. What was the tips in this case?

It seem like normally people need to try a bunch of tips and what works for someone doesn't work for someone else so seem like it can't easily be done.
Also it seem like people are kinda agreeing on that longer stems would had improved seal and if such it seem like an easy solution for them to fix and a fault/flaw in the design and that that is what should be done to fix it onwards instead.

how would a longer stem affect the response of the driver? how much tuning work would be necessary to accomplish that? Is it feasible? lots of questions to ponder on top of the original thought

Aug 25, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #702 of 1,427
This was the case with FiiO FH5. Short stems. People complained. FiiO issued second edition with longer stems. Sound changed. People complained some more.
It's impossible to please everyone.
I love the P1 sound. I don't need to change anything. It seems however that more and more people are less than happy with P1 especially with the 'lack of bass'. Such a BS.

Aug 25, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #703 of 1,427
It seems however that more and more people are less than happy with P1 especially with the 'lack of bass'.

Not me :)
I'm just more satisfied with its bass reproduction after 120+ hours run. Details everywhere, without any fatiguing at all, and impressive bass. A silky touch to my eardrums.
Whatever what genre I eat it, simple just impressive, even with movies (Star Wars Phantom Menace race, spaceship engine effects sounds like a subwoofer :) )
With just a little mod on eartips, as I wrote earlier. ~2mm seat under the eartip (Acoustune AET07 the best to me from my eartip collection). P1 design needs dumping by aertips, must overhang on the nozzle, sealing only not enough for rise bass. Wide bore- not thighter than nozzle diameter - necessary. Tighter eartip, like one of its own silicon degrade the quality of high ends and also bass.....ahh, degrade overall sound quality.
Fact, P1 will not get warm character of its bass, still neutral, and the bass stays in the background, but damn good its impact with massive weight, that many IEM and full sizes can not deliver - including the hyped Audiosense t800. I bought one after P1, but will send back. That has more bass quantity, but (much) less quality, and to me too hard hitting bass, painfully to my eardrums, and overall sound quality far behind the P1.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #704 of 1,427
~2mm seat under the eartip (Acoustune AET07 the best to me from my eartip collection).
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tin-hifi-p1-impressions.909334/page-36#post-15101964
I don't really know how I'd do that and also the tips are sold from Hong kong seller so they would cost twice that one here with the damn fees so that make it kinda unattractive vs something sold in EU.

I feel like ****ing Argentina och Brazil with their stupid VAT on everything from the first SEK and hence customs administration fees for it too. Let me buy foreign goods freely thanks.

Aug 25, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #705 of 1,427
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tin-hifi-p1-impressions.909334/page-36#post-15101964
I don't really know how I'd do that and also the tips are sold from Hong kong seller so they would cost twice that one here with the damn fees so that make it kinda unattractive vs something sold in EU.

I feel like ****ing Argentina och Brazil with their stupid VAT on everything from the first SEK and hence customs administration fees for it too. Let me buy foreign goods freely thanks.

Making a seat is your own DIY solution. As I wrote, I made that from vaping 510 driptip sealing rubbers - I'm vaper, many in stock.
But you can enjoy the benefit of the seating with the P1 own foam tips as well. The Acoustune tip gives a little enhancement to base section, a little more tightness and layering, but its foam tip still good.
My AET07 tip I got from Acoustune on an audio event in London two years ago, I didn't order that :)
Btw good tip. I used with several different iems those compatible with, and I got the best result with this tip always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back