Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Aug 18, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #661 of 1,427
When you plug into the 3.5 jack the phone measures impedance and adjusts output accordingly. If you plug in a 3.5 adapter with no headphones you can trick the phone into a higher output. Then plug the headphones into the adapter and you're good to go. The asr article even mentions people measuring double that voltage. It will be interesting to see. I can confirm the adapter trick works.

Aug 18, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #663 of 1,427
I dont think the v30 can drive the P1.
I've had the V30. I have now a Fiio M9 which is much stronger than the V30 and while it can drive the P1 unbalanced to high volume it does'nt feed the drivers what they need.
Compare to your stronger EQP and update..

Aug 19, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #665 of 1,427
Fixed, used 2 tips and put them together so it is now longer. foam tips and longest/biggest silicone tips put together. If i use 1 silicone tip the soundstage is just between my eyes but with these combo tips the soundstage is now a 10 cm wider than my ears, close to a good open back headphones and the bass is much more present and even rumbles, to the sub bass area too.
Now not selling hehe
68510857_10218374870790431_4500469094427918336_n.jpg

Aug 19, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #667 of 1,427
Fixed, used 2 tips and put them together so it is now longer. foam tips and longest/biggest silicone tips put together. If i use 1 silicone tip the soundstage is just between my eyes but with these combo tips the soundstage is now a 10 cm wider than my ears, close to a good open back headphones and the bass is much more present and even rumbles, to the sub bass area too.
Now not selling hehe

You've inserted the silicone tips into the foam ones?

There's so many tips mentioned. The InAir 2 or whatever they were called was sold in Europe at-least so no post fee for the customs. Someone mentioned some silicon over foam tips too but they had price in USD and I assume most have but ordering from outside of EU suck to Sweden because nowadays ALL orders have VAT added and they charge a 75 SEK fee for dealing with that so that adds $7.76 to everything.

Would had been nice to know what tips people recommend and which ones one should get but because of that Chinese and American websites kinda become a no-go I guess :/. The foam tips was said to only last for 4 weeks though. I didn't knew it worked like that but that make them less attractive, though I don't know if silicone tips last either.

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #668 of 1,427
IMG_0722.jpg

My current work set up. Had to pull the HA-2 out - still a nice DAC - and obviously better than aac/aptx bluetooth.

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #669 of 1,427
Just bought it, alongside a Topping DX3. Was considering the D10 + Atom combo, but it turned out to be a pain to deal with customs for the ATOM. It's almost twice the price to order that damn thing if you don't live in the US. The DX3 should be sufficient right?

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #672 of 1,427
Anyone who has tried these IEMs with a different cable experienced a better sound quality? My pair is on the way, but I am still thinking about whether I should upgrade the cable or not. I know that the stock cable looks quite "bad", but I am not too worried about that as I only care about the sound quality. So, if I can improve the sound quality with a different cable for not much more money, then I might do it. Currently looking at these two cables: OFHC cable and the ISN Audio S8 (both SE cables as I don't have a balanced output).

My budget is around 30-40$.

@Charlie Norwood you have the Tripowin C8 right? Do you think that they are a step up from the stock, sound-wise?

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:56 PM Post #673 of 1,427
Anyone who has tried these IEMs with a different cable experienced a better sound quality? My pair is on the way, but I am still thinking about whether I should upgrade the cable or not. I know that the stock cable looks quite "bad", but I am not too worried about that as I only care about the sound quality. So, if I can improve the sound quality with a different cable for not much more money, then I might do it. Currently looking at these two cables: OFHC cable and the ISN Audio S8 (both SE cables as I don't have a balanced output).

@Charlie Norwood you have the Tripowin C8 right? Do you think that they are a step up from the stock, sound-wise?
I actually never used the stock cable because I mainly run these balanced. I’ve actually swapped out the c8, which is a nice spc cable, for a pure copper cable. It adds a little warmth and cuts down on sibilance. And then I use adapters (Shout out Norne audio) when listening on unbalanced amps.

Aug 22, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #675 of 1,427

I've never used the stock P1 cable. I had this one before I got the P1's
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FS9Q45X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back