Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Aug 2, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #511 of 1,427
Gonna jump on the hype train and order a set of these direct from Linsoul. Bit confused about the bundle/cable options, does anyone know if the 'TinHiFi P1 IEM Only' bundle comes with the stock cable or is just the IEMs?

Also, is it worth getting one of the cable upgrade bundles too?

the TinHiFi P1 IEM Only comes with a loose braided 3.5mm copper cable

the two others are "upgrades" with the more expensive one (i ordered with mine this week) being a heavier cable

Aug 2, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #513 of 1,427
Listened for like two weeks, and I don't have much to say about this. It's 150 bucks, and how could I expect something more? The overall experience is great, it's comfortable and nicely built. The original cable is a bit loose, and the sound insulation is not that good, especially the original tips are made by foam.

Aug 2, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #514 of 1,427
Listened for like two weeks, and I don't have much to say about this. It's 150 bucks, and how could I expect something more? The overall experience is great, it's comfortable and nicely built. The original cable is a bit loose, and the sound insulation is not that good, especially the original tips are made by foam.
I put on comply T400 (actually Ebay perfect replicas) and it impoved isolation while deepening bass.. I've been very happy!

Aug 2, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #515 of 1,427
I put on comply T400 (actually Ebay perfect replicas) and it impoved isolation while deepening bass.. I've been very happy!
Cool, would try for that, thanks!

Aug 2, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #516 of 1,427
Aug 2, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #518 of 1,427
Aug 3, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #519 of 1,427
Hi There,
I noticed that you also have the Audiosense T800, can you please give some comparisons between the two?
I'm not sure if you installed the filters on your T800? If so, please also compare the differences between the filtered T800 and the P1
Thanks! :)
I don’t have any filters, but to me the t800 upper mids and treble a great already so I don’t think I’ll need to try any.
P1 is an iem that needs volume and power to sound at its best - Qp1r - 50% vol. T800 - 25/30% vol.
P1 very fast and accurate sound, but lacking a bit in sub-bass area, T800 surprisingly good in bass.
P1 moderate size soundstage but good separation, T800 much bigger soundstage and more ‘air’
P1 are very tip sensitive and tip rolling makes a surprising amount of difference - MandarinEs work for me.
T800 not so tip dependant imho - Final Audio E, but I found a size smaller than usual worked best???
At the end of the day though they’re both excellent iems at their price point and I love both, but the P1 can’t really be used to it’s full with a lower powered dap or phone as it needs So Much power to sound its best.
T800 is absolutely amazing for the price, holding its own against much higher priced iems according to many others who have compared them.

Aug 3, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #520 of 1,427
I don’t have any filters, but to me the t800 upper mids and treble a great already so I don’t think I’ll need to try any.
P1 is an iem that needs volume and power to sound at its best - Qp1r - 50% vol. T800 - 25/30% vol.
P1 very fast and accurate sound, but lacking a bit in sub-bass area, T800 surprisingly good in bass.
P1 moderate size soundstage but good separation, T800 much bigger soundstage and more ‘air’
P1 are very tip sensitive and tip rolling makes a surprising amount of difference - MandarinEs work for me.
T800 not so tip dependant imho - Final Audio E, but I found a size smaller than usual worked best???
At the end of the day though they’re both excellent iems at their price point and I love both, but the P1 can’t really be used to it’s full with a lower powered dap or phone as it needs So Much power to sound its best.
T800 is absolutely amazing for the price, holding its own against much higher priced iems according to many others who have compared them.

Excellent!
Thanks so much for this! :)
I own the T800 already and the P1 will be here in a few days (along with an Atom Amp).
I'm glad to know I made a good choice on the P1 as well.

Aug 3, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #521 of 1,427
:thumbsup: Here it is again anyway:
I picked up 9 of them for $5.50 deliverd and the cores havent so far come unglued like the complies. I'm certain Comply do it intentionally.

Haha! Thanks man!
Yeah, it does seem like Complys are purposely disposable..
Even if you are super careful with them, they just keep getting softer and softer until they are eventually useless...
I really like their Smartcore AudioPro Tips though, but I only buy them when on sale as Amazon returns.
$20 for 3 sets of disposable tips?!?! Such a scam.... :frowning2:

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #522 of 1,427
Aug 3, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #523 of 1,427

I can certainly comment on the P1 characteristic from your post now having owned them for about 6 weeks.
I agree that the P1's blossom with more power. My Schiit Rag (rather powerful) vol at about 30-50%. But they also sound great on my ES100 connected to my phone. Great sound on my daily walks. My tube amp is not balanced so I tend to use it less, but I really liked the layer of warmth it gave to my P1's.
Fast & accurate - yes! and I like that about them. Classical multi-layered stuff is great with them.
Bass dependent upon tips and placement in the ear critically.
Sound stage moderate - yes. But imaging and separation - great.

So after 6 weeks, they are my go to's. I recently ordered Fearless S8Pro's so can do a comparison soon. I actually would love to search for an iem that is less clear but luscious in tone - any suggestions? Or is it better to do a balanced tube amp (currently using Vallhalla)?

Aug 3, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #524 of 1,427
I can certainly comment on the P1 characteristic from your post now having owned them for about 6 weeks.
I agree that the P1's blossom with more power. My Schiit Rag (rather powerful) vol at about 30-50%. But they also sound great on my ES100 connected to my phone. Great sound on my daily walks. My tube amp is not balanced so I tend to use it less, but I really liked the layer of warmth it gave to my P1's.
Fast & accurate - yes! and I like that about them. Classical multi-layered stuff is great with them.

So after 6 weeks, they are my go to's. I recently ordered Fearless S8Pro's so can do a comparison soon. I actually would love to search for an iem that is less clear but luscious in tone - any suggestions? Or is it better to do a balanced tube amp (currently using Vallhalla)?

I’ve not tried them with my ES100 yet because I really like the T800 with it.

Aug 3, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #525 of 1,427

A nice luscious little beast is the Whizzer Kylin. That’s my go to for mellow music, but also a great all-rounder. I think those are about$125 now. Very underrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back