Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Dec 18, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #46 of 673
My set of T4s arrived in yesterday's mail. I eagerly awaited them after Super Early Bird funding them on Indiegogo.

Unfortunately, left side had intermittent drop outs and static whenever touched or even moving my head.
Unplugged and reconnected mmcx on both L/R channel. These seem to be a very "sloppy" fit with lots of side to side wiggle in addition to being able to rotate. They do solidly click into place, though. Last night found right channel would also cut off - same as left. (This is not cable microphonics.)

I have sent a support request to Linsoul and hoping for a satisfactory resolution.

Anyone else experience any issue with the T4?
I’m not a big fan of the cable on the T4’s.
A bit sticky and also get some noises into your ears that sound like striking cables under tension.
Hmm I really like the cable. It looks nice to me and I don't really get any noticeable microphonics. I also like the texture of it and it doesn't seem to tangle as easily as many of my other cables. I think it goes well with the look of the IEMs. We all have our own tastes and preferences, though.

Dec 18, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #47 of 673
Hmm I really like the cable. It looks nice to me and I don't really get any noticeable microphonics. I also like the texture of it and it doesn't seem to tangle as easily as many of my other cables. I think it goes well with the look of the IEMs. We all have our own tastes and preferences, though.
Yeah they seem to look good and be of good quality.
It’s just the microphonics if you move around a bit while they’re on.

Like this at a lower frequency.

Dec 18, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #48 of 673
Linsoul has a good Discord channel. Get on Discord and send a message to Lillian. She will get you squared away fast. Check the Linsoul website for the link to their Discord channel. I believe they have a dedicated channel just for T4.

Thanks.
Just set up a Discord account and posted my problem under user name Chaz1952.
Fingers crossed...

Dec 18, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #49 of 673
My set of T4s arrived in yesterday's mail. I eagerly awaited them after Super Early Bird funding them on Indiegogo.

Unfortunately, left side had intermittent drop outs and static whenever touched or even moving my head.
Unplugged and reconnected mmcx on both L/R channel. These seem to be a very "sloppy" fit with lots of side to side wiggle in addition to being able to rotate. They do solidly click into place, though. Last night found right channel would also cut off - same as left. (This is not cable microphonics.)

I have sent a support request to Linsoul and hoping for a satisfactory resolution.

Anyone else experience any issue with the T4?

this is what I have mentioned....
But mine works good with the stock cable while others I needa use the silicon ring to hold it in position.
C01ED63E-7955-45A3-AE6C-94C9E12E1830.jpeg

Dec 22, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #51 of 673
My T4s are also dropping out on the left channel randomly. Not happy.

There is a FiiO video on YouTube which shows how to expand a small ring on the MMCX connector making the plug fit tighter. I had no luck at all with this method.
Linsoul sent me a return request and my T4 set is back to China. ($23.50 postage) I noticed the problem with my earphones pretty much immediately upon first use.
I backed the project as a Super Early Bird funder on Indiegogo and have learned MY lesson. No more Chi-Fi stuff for me!

Dec 28, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #52 of 673
I ended up removing the stock cable which felt loose and spun very easily in the MMCX connector. Swapped it with a **** 16 core which had a very snug connection and now they seem to be working fine.
I’m sorry but the standard cable is garbage.
Running them with the foam tips and they are sounding really good. A very balanced and natural sounding iem. I think the T4s would please most people.

Dec 29, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #53 of 673
I ended up removing the stock cable which felt loose and spun very easily in the MMCX connector. Swapped it with a **** 16 core which had a very snug connection and now they seem to be working fine.
I’m sorry but the standard cable is garbage.
Running them with the foam tips and they are sounding really good. A very balanced and natural sounding iem. I think the T4s would please most people.

Other than the problem of the connection on mmcx slot, I really think T4 is a pair of good earphones, very balance to me with details, just if a better soundstage present would be great, I love wider and deeper soundstage

Jan 6, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #54 of 673
T4 + 4.4mm balanced T3 cable + Final E tips + FiiO Q5S + AM3D THX AAA Module = Bliss!

Initially I wasn’t very impressed with the T4 with any of the stock tips but pairing the Final E tips improved the signature a lot for me. Adds weight and body to the sound without sacrificing any airiness.
45CA3DB2-0CDE-47F0-9D0C-F4E02BD946C8.jpeg

Jan 7, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #55 of 673
My thoughts on Tin T2 for what's worth: natural, good for clean female voices (Suzanna Vega, Anna Netrebko, Maria Callas), nice for Classical, Jazz and Opera.
They can be boring and uninteresting for other types of music in my mind.

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #57 of 673
Any tips on how to remove a cable safely? I tried out my T4 last night for the first time and put on a balanced cable it have discovered that due to the design of the shells I can’t get any leverage to remove the cable. I fell like I’m going to break something.

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #58 of 673
Jan 9, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #60 of 673
Other than the problem of the connection on mmcx slot, I really think T4 is a pair of good earphones, very balance to me with details, just if a better soundstage present would be great, I love wider and deeper soundstage

That’s exactly my thought. Listened for the first time last night and the tone and balance are great but it sounds like the music is straight out of the iems. Hardly any soundstage at all. These sound very good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back