Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Nov 12, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #16 of 673
Wait, are you saying that we won't be getting the $20 coupon if we ordered later than three hours after it went on sale?

I've been wondering when they would be sending me my coupon or code. I thought I read pretty thoroughly all the material on Indiegogo and I never saw anything about that. If they are really going to pull something so shady I'm going to cancel my order. But I'll wait for clarification.
No, Linsoul will at some point get you the discount code; they’re trying to level up, but they have a *proven track record of not being able to handle the logistical challenges that come with surges, in successful campaigns.

My reference to 3 hrs. Is the window that you would have had between Nov. 11th, 9am EST - 12pm EST, to use your discount code at Linsoul and participate in their raffle.

*On drop.com you can see how many shipping dates were missed on the Tin P1

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #17 of 673
No, Linsoul will at some point get you the discount code; they’re trying to level up, but they have a *proven track record of not being able to handle the logistical challenges that come with surges, in successful campaigns.

My reference to 3 hrs. Is the window that you would have had between Nov. 11th, 9am EST - 12pm EST, to use your discount code at Linsoul and participate in their raffle.

*On drop.com you can see how many shipping dates were missed on the Tin P1
Ok, I see. Thanks for the clarification. So, if you had to guess, how long would you estimate I will have to wait for delivery? I'm in the US.

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #18 of 673
Ok, I see. Thanks for the clarification. So, if you had to guess, how long would you estimate I will have to wait for delivery? I'm in the US.
A little under 3 weeks, would be my guesstimate: Linsoul says they’ll ship after five days. Then figure another fifteen, between export and import/customs, then USPS.

Nov 16, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #19 of 673
T4: 10.0mm high quality CNT Dynamic Driver - What type of drivers are these? All I understand from CNT is that it's supposed to be carbon nanotubes and can be found on a few products that are already available on the market. (Are they produced by Tin Hifi or another manufacturer?)

How can they be compared to the hybrid set used on the T3? (Knowles BA+1DD Hybrid Drivers)

Nov 20, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #21 of 673
I've been toying with the idea of getting the T4 at $89.

But I didn't have the best experience with the T2. Mine needs tip-rolling, maybe the housing reversal mod, and it sounds thin most of the time, and a little bright.

Does the T4 have better fit than the T2? Because getting comfort and a seal was the biggest issue for me.

Nov 28, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #22 of 673
BE7FB0F5-BEEF-4F4D-989E-20392FF55353.jpeg
E1DFAF21-B67C-447B-ABFF-937137F0927B.jpeg
Arrived just in time for the weekend :)

Nov 28, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #23 of 673

But I didn't have the best experience with the T2. Mine needs tip-rolling, maybe the housing reversal mod, and it sounds thin most of the time, and a little bright.

Does the T4 have better fit than the T2? Because getting comfort and a seal was the biggest issue for me.
Around the same sadly.
Its size also surprisingly is the same as T3.

Nov 29, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #24 of 673
Thanks for the info. I passed on ordering it, for the time being.

I wonder how the T4 achieves the claimed level of isolation. Maybe I should just use tips like the T4's on the T2, if they offer some kind of improvement.

Nov 29, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #25 of 673

Around the same sadly.
Its size also surprisingly is the same as T3.
I've had more troubles getting a good fit for T3 than for the Blon bl03, which everyone criticizes tbh...
The "thin sound and little bright" part, was also how i felt about T3.
I think that the thin sound came from the lack of low end and the highs were way too boosted by comparison. The treble of T3 was way too much for me, where some songs actually caused me pain.
"Deep Purple - The Cut Runs Deep" for example. While listening to it on T3, i really did feel the cut running deep in my ears.

Nov 29, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #26 of 673
I've had more troubles getting a good fit for T3 than for the Blon bl03, which everyone criticizes tbh...
I think that the thin sound came from the lack of low end and the highs were way too boosted by comparison. The treble of T3 was way too much for me, where some songs actually caused me pain.
"Deep Purple - The Cut Runs Deep" for example. While listening to it on T3, i really did feel the cut running deep in my ears.
Good news. T4 tuned that down, albeit what they have now is a slightly shouty upper mids which depends on seal.

Shameless self advertisement, I should put my review about the T4 from my site to headfi review tmr :p

Nov 29, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #27 of 673

Yeah. The T4 looks promising. Said to have overcome weaknesses of some prior releases, like the T3. But I'm just not sure about fit issues, and $90 was out of my 'take-a-chance' budget.

The way its being hyped, you'd think there would be a quantum improvement in the fit / housing design of the T4.

Nov 29, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #28 of 673
Good news. T4 tuned that down, albeit what they have now is a slightly shouty upper mids which depends on seal.
Shameless self advertisement, I should put my review about the T4 from my site to headfi review tmr :p
Very nice short review:thumbsup:

P.S.
The only thing that didn't make me completely regret my T3 purchase was the included MMCX cable.
The only originally included cable, which made the upgrade cables look like downgrades :p

Dec 1, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #30 of 673

Users who are viewing this thread

Back