Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Dec 1, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #31 of 673
Nice write up. As most of us have a pair of the Blon BL03; the comparison you made to them helps in interpreting your findings on the T4.

I learned (the hardway) that Tin HiFi is not a home run for me, after cycling through three iterations. I did end up keeping the T3, with the tape mod, as I was relatively new to IEMs and was enamored of the stock cable.

The T4's successful campaign made me pull out the T3; (as I hadn't touched them for almost half a year) they were much more to my liking, when paired with my Radsone ES100 (BT amp) and some EQ manipulation, vs. direct connect to my Note 4 phone.

I almost succumbed to the T4 promotion, but I felt that they would probably be an incremental tuning (as your findings support), at best. I'll probably try again, somewhere around T7/8.

Dec 1, 2019 at 6:51 AM Post #32 of 673
Nice write up. As most of us have a pair of the Blon BL03; the comparison you made to them helps in interpreting your findings on the T4.

I learned (the hardway) that Tin HiFi is not a home run for me, after cycling through three iterations. I did end up keeping the T3, with the tape mod, as I was relatively new to IEMs and was enamored of the stock cable.

The T4's successful campaign made me pull out the T3; (as I hadn't touched them for almost half a year) they were much more to my liking, when paired with my Radsone ES100 (BT amp) and some EQ manipulation, vs. direct connect to my Note 4 phone.

I almost succumbed to the T4 promotion, but I felt that they would probably be an incremental tuning (as your findings support), at best. I'll probably try again, somewhere around T7/8.
Yeah, the T4 tuning is surprisingly different from their usual line up.

I would still pick the T4 everyday though. Its technicalities is good that I found myself listening to it more than my BL03

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #33 of 673
As you know, it's on Ali for $74 right now.

For $117 CAD, I wasn't going to take a chance on it, but for $99, I will. I figure I can recoup the cost if I have to sell it. And this way, I don't have to look around and wait for promotional prices - it's not likely to go below $74 for a while.

Dec 10, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #34 of 673
Finally picked mine up from the post office today. So far I like it. Shouty upper female vocals a small bit. Nothing serious. Bass feels a bit less then some graphs I have seen but it may be better after some break in. I will try the same port mod as on my T2s. If it works this may be my new favorite. FYI i have the Shour Tape and blon 03 and Tenchjim Oxygen. Only beats the blon due to a much better treble extension, more detail. I am hearing similar details as the tape which is impressive.

Hopefully breaking in and a port mod will perfect it. Being able to wear an IEM that doesnt require being over the ear and is this impressive is my endgame.

Dec 17, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #36 of 673
For those friends who have Tin Hifi/Audio T4, I would have a question.....
Have you tried to change other cables for using the T4?
I have a problem with that.... the mmcx slots of T4 seems cannot contact well with other cables, the plug can "shake" when connected

Dec 17, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #37 of 673
For those friends who have Tin Hifi/Audio T4, I would have a question.....
Have you tried to change other cables for using the T4?
I have a problem with that.... the mmcx slots of T4 seems cannot contact well with other cables, the plug can "shake" when connected
You should return for warranty. Mine is fine

Dec 17, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #38 of 673
You should return for warranty. Mine is fine

Do you mean the stock cable? Mine is also fine with stock one but not others.
Fortunately.... I have the ring from Pioneer to hold the cable in the fix position and now seems ok....
I had reflected to the manufacturer, but they just replied " then you just use the stock cable is fine" ......what the...

Dec 18, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #39 of 673
My set of T4s arrived in yesterday's mail. I eagerly awaited them after Super Early Bird funding them on Indiegogo.

Unfortunately, left side had intermittent drop outs and static whenever touched or even moving my head.
Unplugged and reconnected mmcx on both L/R channel. These seem to be a very "sloppy" fit with lots of side to side wiggle in addition to being able to rotate. They do solidly click into place, though. Last night found right channel would also cut off - same as left. (This is not cable microphonics.)

I have sent a support request to Linsoul and hoping for a satisfactory resolution.

Anyone else experience any issue with the T4?

Dec 18, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #40 of 673
My set of T4s arrived in yesterday's mail. I eagerly awaited them after Super Early Bird funding them on Indiegogo.

Unfortunately, left side had intermittent drop outs and static whenever touched or even moving my head.
Unplugged and reconnected mmcx on both L/R channel. These seem to be a very "sloppy" fit with lots of side to side wiggle in addition to being able to rotate. They do solidly click into place, though. Last night found right channel would also cut off - same as left. (This is not cable microphonics.)

I have sent a support request to Linsoul and hoping for a satisfactory resolution.

Anyone else experience any issue with the T4?

I had issues before with the P1. Seems TinHifi need to step up their QA.

Dec 18, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #41 of 673
No Idea why most companies go with MMCX connection instead of 2-Pin for their IEMs. :/
2-Pin Connection is most definitely less problem ridden and also easier to QC (and I do believe also cheaper).
Hope more ChiFi companies drop that crap. Only because it's popular in west, doesn't mean it's good.

Dec 18, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #42 of 673
One looser then the other when I use the T2 cables (much lighter and no ear hooks). The stock cable is very tight. Sounds like they need to work on their mmcx part. Personally I like mmcx because there is only one standard compared to 2 pin plus you can turn them to get a more comfortable/secure routing.

Dec 18, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #43 of 673
One looser then the other when I use the T2 cables (much lighter and no ear hooks). The stock cable is very tight. Sounds like they need to work on their mmcx part. Personally I like mmcx because there is only one standard compared to 2 pin plus you can turn them to get a more comfortable/secure routing.
At this point, my concern is getting a working pair of these earphones. However, it's been 24 hours and no response from Linsoul other than an automated reply to my request. Really hoping this ultimately works out OK as my set was basically DOA.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #45 of 673
At this point, my concern is getting a working pair of these earphones. However, it's been 24 hours and no response from Linsoul other than an automated reply to my request. Really hoping this ultimately works out OK as my set was basically DOA.

Linsoul has a good Discord channel. Get on Discord and send a message to Lillian. She will get you squared away fast. Check the Linsoul website for the link to their Discord channel. I believe they have a dedicated channel just for T4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back