Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Jun 8, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #513 of 673
Does the classic T2 remain lush for a neutral signature? I don't see anything costing so little with this personality. Even Tin HiFi's more expensive models have a more common V signature.
IMO T2+ is a substantial upgrade if you found bass lacking. Else if you liked T2 then it's ideally the cheapest IEM with neutral signature

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #514 of 673
IMO T2+ is a substantial upgrade if you found bass lacking. Else if you liked T2 then it's ideally the cheapest IEM with neutral signature

I see, but I wonder where exactly the T2+ is an upgrade in terms of sound, as its tuning has taken a different direction from the neutrality of the T2. Simply adding bass I don't see as an improvement, this has happened in reverse once in the past with the T2 Pro, when Tin HiFi added more treble.

Anyway, thanks for your words. I also accept suggestions from other brands.

Jun 8, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #515 of 673
I see, but I wonder where exactly the T2+ is an upgrade in terms of sound, as its tuning has taken a different direction from the neutrality of the T2. Simply adding bass I don't see as an improvement, this has happened in reverse once in the past with the T2 Pro, when Tin HiFi added more treble.

Anyway, thanks for your words. I also accept suggestions from other brands.
Well for me T2+ is more fatigue free in terms of long listening sessions and also better fit. It's not boosted bass but more about the presentation. T2 Pro is frustrating in terms of upgrade but T2+ is a step in the right direction.

HZ Heart Mirror is also a good option in the budget category.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #516 of 673
I have/had earphones and headphones that cost much more than the T2+ that still have great reputations and the T2+ is still one of my favorites in my collection if that tells you anything. You also can't downplay the comfort and ergonomics of the shell as well. It may not look super cool or flashy, but that's not what it's about.

Attachments

• PXL_20210608_184456781.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210608_184456781.PORTRAIT.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jun 9, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #517 of 673
I'm not underestimating the T2+ and I know it's a great iem in its more energetic sound signature.

Thanks for the opinion, from all this I conclude that the classic T2 has a very peculiar place in the hobby, as no other Tin HiFi models decided to improve its neutrality, they simply changed their signatures to V.

Jun 18, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #520 of 673
Jun 26, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #523 of 673
I just bought the Tin T4s from amazon and I have to say I am exceptionally impressed. Before I say anything about the sound, I want to point out something interesting. My T4s came in a white box, not a black box. Additionally, the cable is not that two-core cable with the loose braid, but rather a four-core cable with a very, very tight braid and it terminates in a 90-degree 3.5mm plug. I have to say it's quite a nice cable, all things considered.

Anyway, these things sound fantastic. Soundstage is unreal. Granted, I don't have a ton of experience with IEMs, but these are by far the widest, deepest IEMs I've ever heard. Bass is spot on. Actually, everything is pretty much spot-on. They almost remind me of the Audio-Technica MSR7b a little bit in their signature. I don't know, it feels very similar with the same fast, well-controlled bass and crystal clarity. I wonder if it's worth the money to buy the T2 and the T3 as well.

I primarily listen to death metal and while I found the blon bl-03 to be too bassy and also very cramped sounding, I find these to be very open, airy, and the bass is so tightly controlled it works perfectly for death metal. If you listen to metal, definitely check out the T4s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back