Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Jun 27, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #527 of 673
I just bought the Tin T4s from amazon and I have to say I am exceptionally impressed. Before I say anything about the sound, I want to point out something interesting. My T4s came in a white box, not a black box. Additionally, the cable is not that two-core cable with the loose braid, but rather a four-core cable with a very, very tight braid and it terminates in a 90-degree 3.5mm plug. I have to say it's quite a nice cable, all things considered.

Anyway, these things sound fantastic. Soundstage is unreal. Granted, I don't have a ton of experience with IEMs, but these are by far the widest, deepest IEMs I've ever heard. Bass is spot on. Actually, everything is pretty much spot-on. They almost remind me of the Audio-Technica MSR7b a little bit in their signature. I don't know, it feels very similar with the same fast, well-controlled bass and crystal clarity. I wonder if it's worth the money to buy the T2 and the T3 as well.

I primarily listen to death metal and while I found the blon bl-03 to be too bassy and also very cramped sounding, I find these to be very open, airy, and the bass is so tightly controlled it works perfectly for death metal. If you listen to metal, definitely check out the T4s.
I agree with you about the T4, excellent sound and wide stage. The T3 is also very good, nice implementation of the Knowles BA.

Jul 24, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #528 of 673
I just sat down with the Tinhifi P1 ($152 on Linsoul). My impression is that the sound is a bit wonky, a bit unnatural to my ear from real life instruments.

Fairly balanced tuning with a good clarity and hit in the mids. There's a kind of fun sound to them, but I just couldn't find myself to enjoy them when the wonky sound kept getting at me. I have some similar thoughts in my impressions video (just posted).

Aug 2, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #529 of 673
For folks who are struggling with Tin Hifi T2's sharp and fatiguing treble can try Sony's MH series eartips if they have them. Treble is now not at all fatiguing and presentation is a bit more like T2 Plus. I would like to know experiences of others who are trying this. I think T2 are very capable IEMs and and with right tips they have enough to be in daily rotation scheme.

Aug 18, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #531 of 673
Does anyone know of any mods or cable/eartip pairings to make the T5 more enjoyable to listen to? My girlfriend just got me a pair but it's a bit too sibilant

Try Final E black tips or foam tips, they tame treble in general. Or pair a warm source. Or play at lower volumes (Fletcher munson curve).

YMMV, but cables are the last thing I will use to change the sound sig.

Aug 21, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #533 of 673
A bit of random discovery, but I found today that the ePro Horn-shaped tips work very well with the P1. They are pretty long so they provide a deeper fit and make it easier to achieve isolation (such as they provide). They are quite easier to install on the nozzles than the stock tips, too. I haven't done any direct comparisons, but from memory it also seems to me like these tips help a little with the weak bass as well.

Aug 28, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #534 of 673
The Tin HiFi T2 EVO is out on Tin HiFi's official AliExpress store: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003194961089.html

Seems they want this to be on the bright side, which is interesting because I find the original T2 to also be bright (bright neutral, which I enjoy even if it is a bit light on the bass). I wonder what would make the T2 EVO worth the upgrade over the original...

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #535 of 673
The Tin HiFi T2 EVO is out on Tin HiFi's official AliExpress store: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003194961089.html

Seems they want this to be on the bright side, which is interesting because I find the original T2 to also be bright (bright neutral, which I enjoy even if it is a bit light on the bass). I wonder what would make the T2 EVO worth the upgrade over the original...
I'm looking forward to this Evo. Because T2 Plus was good but it shooed away from the the essence of original T2. Heart Mirror has shown that it is possible to create a very good bright neutral IEM. Let's see what T2 Evo brings to the table.

Aug 28, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #536 of 673
I'm looking forward to this Evo. Because T2 Plus was good but it shooed away from the the essence of original T2. Heart Mirror has shown that it is possible to create a very good bright neutral IEM. Let's see what T2 Evo brings to the table.

Bro I'm also interested in this set, but I'm a bit concerned with the QC of the MMCX on the Tin series. I had an MMCX issue with the Tin T2 Plus where it kept spinning like a windvane (this is OOTB and not even with any cable changes yet). I see so many reports of MMCX issues on the Tin T4 and Tin T2 Plus on forums.

Pro tip: Best to wait for the first batch to come out and see if there are MMCX QC reports.

Aug 28, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #537 of 673
Bro I'm also interested in this set, but I'm a bit concerned with the QC of the MMCX on the Tin series. I had an MMCX issue with the Tin T2 Plus where it kept spinning like a windvane (this is OOTB and not even with any cable changes yet). I see so many reports of MMCX issues on the Tin T4 and Tin T2 Plus on forums.

Pro tip: Best to wait for the first batch to come out and see if there are MMCX QC reports.
I totally agree with the wait and watch policy! I am using T2 Plus now with BT20 because right side gets a bit loose with some cables. They should have used 2 pin connector like on that T1 Plus or whatever that is called. 2 pins more secure and easier to change cables/BT modules.

Aug 31, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #538 of 673
The good news is that I'm getting a review sample of T2 EVO. It has been shipped today by TinHifi. Hope it's good and builds on the T2 series. Their graphics kind of seems like back to roots with the shell shape and bright sound moniker. Hope it's more like Heart Mirror than T2 Pro.

Sep 1, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #539 of 673
Well, the description wrt tuning from Tin Hifi is very much reassuring. They've have ditched their fetish of Harman/V-shape sound with T2 Plus and T5. Going back to their bright neutral signature with vintage shell type. Personally, I feel that T2 Plus shell type was the best thing that happened with T2 series.

This has got me excited, could it be that success of HZSOUND Heart Mirror lit a fire in Tin Hifi's belly?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210901-184151_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210901-184151_Chrome.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 0
Sep 4, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #540 of 673
I have/had earphones and headphones that cost much more than the T2+ that still have great reputations and the T2+ is still one of my favorites in my collection if that tells you anything. You also can't downplay the comfort and ergonomics of the shell as well. It may not look super cool or flashy, but that's not what it's about.
You know, last year the T2 Plus was one of my favorite models but I laid it aside for a long time chasing the dragon up to much pricier units. Well after dusting it off again today, I have to say I agree with you completely. For my tastes and musical priorities (timbre, note weight, and a versatile but midcentric tonality are very high on my list) I actually have to say that for an all-rounder the T2 Plus still beats anything I’ve tried up until the LZ A7 or Unique Melody 3DT in the $250-$300 price range. And it’s one of the few IEMs I can sleep in comfortably.

I’ve also been quite surprised at how competent they are technically. They even beat some decent hybrids in resolution to my ear. Their only real weaknesses are the slightly rolled-off bass and fairly average soundstage.

The more time passes the more I hear the Tanchjim Oxygen calling my name…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back