Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
May 4, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #466 of 673
Unfortunate. I'll stick with my beloved T2+.

This reviewer has similar impressions to the T2+ as me and his review on the T5 solidified my pass on them.

I try to give everything a fair shake but honestly, I was glad to put these back in the box.

May 4, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #467 of 673
Unfortunate. I'll stick with my beloved T2+.

This reviewer has similar impressions to the T2+ as me and his review on the T5 solidified my pass on them.

Tbh T2 and T2+ both are gems and they should have stuck to it or maybe tweaked to Harman target instead of creating a hotchpotch of an IEM which is neither a basshead IEM nor a neutral one.

May 4, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #468 of 673
Tbh T2 and T2+ both are gems and they should have stuck to it or maybe tweaked to Harman target instead of creating a hotchpotch of an IEM which is neither a basshead IEM nor a neutral one.
I like what Tin HiFi is doing but this was a misstep. By the way, there's still more coming for the T2 line...

May 4, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #469 of 673
I like what Tin HiFi is doing but this was a misstep. By the way, there's still more coming for the T2 line...
Yes. Read about Evo, although nothing much is known about them except name and some information about build materials

May 4, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #471 of 673
I just noticed that the KBEAR KS1 and the Tin T5 have very similar FR graphs. :thinking:

May 5, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #472 of 673
Just opened the box.

On first impressions they are fantastic. Really this is very much the Sony house sound with add-on slight treble spike. They fit fine and seem to be made really well. Big washes of sound and relatively great detail for the price. Keep in mind I’m using 4.4mm from the Sony 1Z with Midnight Plus and “J” region. Also I’ve only used Electronic Music like what is listed.

I’ve been pretty much going all week using the IER-Z1R so the signatures are parallel in many ways. The bass is obviously not as visceral as the IER-Z1R, but it’s also not really muddy. It’s nice for what it is.

Fast-tight-detailed (enough) and great positioning. Probably my greatest relief is that they are not super-super forward sounding. They are forward sounding but not the most I heard.

Remember these are $129 IEMs. But could I listen to them all night? Yes, I could.

Tomorrow going to try other 4.4mm cables and try different tips. But got perfect fit with the DUNU blue tips that came with the Studio SA6. Literally the first pair of tips worked.

Fascinating to have such polarized reviews? But not having heard any of the previous TinHiFi offerings, this is pretty much a consumer tune. But with-in that tune it does many aspects really well, at least with Electronic Music it does. The soundstage is slightly forward from center with well positioned imaging. The imaging is medium/big. With a lot of electronic treble elements working their way out and positioning outside the head. The way it all fits together is really well done? These do electronic styles way better than the DUNU Studio SA6, other genres I don’t know yet. I can’t get over how “BIG” they sound?

I see why they went ahead and put these into production.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #474 of 673
t588.jpg
t5 big.jpg
front t5.jpg
t5 8.jpg

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #476 of 673
May 6, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #477 of 673
Thank-you. Yes, the T5 may not be all that special? Though I was able to get improved sound switching from stock cable to 4.4mm, even then it was hit or miss as far as finding songs that sound great.

May 6, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #478 of 673
Well, my Tin T5 review is out now at the usual place: https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2021/05/tin-hifi-t5-review-regression-to-mean.html

I didn't see a product page for the T5 and I didn't feel going through the unfamiliar process of making one. Maybe when one is made I'll post my review there later on.
I'm thinking I'll do a short Youtube video on it in a couple or days or so I guess.

Not good at all... All reviews but one are negative so far... I really wanted to get T5 but I think I will skip them.

May 6, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #479 of 673
I'm looking for an upgrade to my T3 which have been brilliant, but now i want a step up, i was hoping the T5 would be it, but sadly it doesn't look like it.

Hard to find a really good IEM at around a 100 pounds. The Fiio FH3 has been out of stock in the UK for a while. (amazon)

May 6, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #480 of 673
For what it's worth, I find the T2+ superior to the FH3. FH3 has a lot of sub-bass which was cool but could be overwhelming and felt less technically capable in the rest of the frequencies. I also think the T2+ is much more comfortable.
I'm looking for an upgrade to my T3 which have been brilliant, but now i want a step up, i was hoping the T5 would be it, but sadly it doesn't look like it.

Hard to find a really good IEM at around a 100 pounds. The Fiio FH3 has been out of stock in the UK for a while. (amazon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back