Time to replace my Zune with something significantly better...
May 19, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #31 of 53
Ah ok. Sounds very nice. But when I hear middle of nowhere I'm thinking about being able to drive 5-10 hours without seeing another car and having the radio go round and round when you hit SCAN and never find a station the whole trip :wink:
Ah ok, no it's not that bad. I can't imagine living somewhere like the middle of the Australian Outback. That must be tricky to even get things delivered. We have one city in the county that's about 45 minutes away and there's been the occasional attempt to run a hi end electronics shop but they never last and i don't think there's been one open for the last 5 or 6 years.

May 20, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #32 of 53
After thinking about it yesterday and sleeping on it twice i've pulled the pin today and ordered a HiBy R6.

It's actually for my birthday and my lovely wife is paying for it along with a SD Card, IEM's and a balanced cable. She's also ordered me a replacement cable for my Sennheiser HD270's so i can at least try the player because the KZ ZS10 Pro, ATR's and the balanced cable will take a month to arrive it seems. Judging by what i've read on here the HD270's seem to be the worst headphones they've ever made, I've not had a lot of luck choosing gear in the past!, but at least i can try the HiBy when it gets here.

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread

May 20, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #33 of 53
Looking forward to your impressions of the HiBy! Did you find a shop in the UK that has it? I think I was only able to find Asian shops when it first came out.

May 20, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #34 of 53
Looking forward to your impressions of the HiBy! Did you find a shop in the UK that has it? I think I was only able to find Asian shops when it first came out.

Thanks, i'm seriously excited.

Yep, advanced mp3 players based in Scotland had three on clearance saying box opened so i grabbed one. It's been dispatched i think so should be here in a day or two. Mind you my birthday isn't until the 30th so it remains to be seen whether i'll be kept waiting until then before i can get my hands on it! If it arrives first i'll have nothing to plug in to it anyway until the rest of the packages arrive.

I've got the bug now though. I've already started exploring bluetooth IEM options

May 20, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #35 of 53
Thanks, i'm seriously excited.

Yep, advanced mp3 players based in Scotland had three on clearance saying box opened so i grabbed one. It's been dispatched i think so should be here in a day or two. Mind you my birthday isn't until the 30th so it remains to be seen whether i'll be kept waiting until then before i can get my hands on it! If it arrives first i'll have nothing to plug in to it anyway until the rest of the packages arrive.

I've got the bug now though. I've already started exploring bluetooth IEM options

Awesome! And happy upcoming birthday. Looks like it ought to be grand :)

I need to replace my two FiiOs pretty soon. I want to find something worth buying inside the EU. Will have to start looking into the options.

May 22, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #36 of 53
The R6 has arrived and i was allowed to play with it straight away!

It seems a very solid unit. The build quality looks good and feels nice to hold and use. I've installed all the firmware updates and updated the OS to 8.1 with no issues. I've got a problem with the HiByMusic app thought, it seems to be stuck on version 1.3.5 but hopefully someone like Joe will be able to help with that in the dedicated thread for the player.

Transferring tracks to is nice and easy. I've put some on the internal storage as i'm still waiting for the SD card to arrive.

The replacement cable for my Sennheiser HD270's arrived which pleased me because i'll have something to sample the R6 with but surprisingly the Sennheiser's sound better on my old Zune! So i plugged in the ear buds i was using on the Zune in to the R6 and they sound a lot better. They appear to be some generic Sennheiser buds that were bundled with a phone in the past so not sure what model they are but they sound amazing in the R6 compared to the Zune. My mouth is watering at the prospect of the the KZ's turning up because i am happy already.

May 23, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #37 of 53
Pics or it didn't happen :p

May 23, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #39 of 53
Hmm that's surprising a bit. I see an Upload File button on the lower right of my reply. Does that work? Maybe there is a file size limit.

May 23, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #40 of 53
So there is. How did I miss that? I've just taken a snap of my trusty Zune next to the new Hiby. The generic buds I've been using for the past year are pictured between them

Attachments

• 20190523_212224.jpg
    20190523_212224.jpg
    856.5 KB · Views: 0
May 24, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #42 of 53
Just attempting to upload a pic from my PC instead of phone

Edit: That didn't work, i'm guessing i'm too new around here

Attachments

• 20190523_165149.jpg
    20190523_165149.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: