Time Magazine's favorite headphone for travel is . . .
Nov 4, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #16 of 42
Lots of bashing here. Has anyone heard it?

Same thing with Bose. Yes, they are crap and overpriced. However there is a market for them: people who are looking for closed and portable headphones. The block out sound really good and are ideal for some people. Different people = different needs.

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #18 of 42
cricket.jpg

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #19 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I asked if people heard the Beats in the last bashing thread, there was just overwhelming silence.

I've never heard them, myself.

I have, and yes, they do sound decent. As decent as any $80-120 pair of headphones out there. But one always takes price into account, and their sound does not justify their $400 price tag.

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #20 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have, and yes, they do sound decent. As decent as any $80-120 pair of headphones out there. But one always takes price into account, and their sound does not justify their $400 price tag.

I listened to them as well and I agree with what you say, furthermore the build quality sucks and doesn't merrit their price ...

Nov 4, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #22 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The headphone suggested here was the Beats Solo whose retail price is around 180. Anyway, there are some reviews for them up on the best buy website which say they don't compare at all to the Studio Beats, which doesn't make the Solos look too promising...

Nov 4, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #23 of 42
But again, the particular HP that is targeted by both this thread and Time is NOT the original Beats HP. It is the Solo and can be had for 179.00.

I mean, for all I know it probably does suck. But there is so much conjecture on this site lately, I would just like to know who has actually heard this headphone. If you are talking about the $400 version, that is a different HP.

Beats Studio (original, more expensive)
product_3808.jpg

Beats Solo (new, and quite a bit cheaper among other things)
solosAngles_black03.jpg

EDIT, guy above beat me to it.

Nov 4, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #25 of 42
Well they sure do look nice!

Nov 4, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #26 of 42
I've never heard them but I don't like them because they're made by a brand that's popular to hate on here and since I don't want to be part of the mainstream, I'll just agree with everything said here and know deep down that it'd be better if I actually put a pair of these headphones on my head and came up with my own conclusions.

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #27 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH-13 PRO here, being better value for money for portable headphones.
smile.gif

or maybe you just wanted to plug something that you own that is neither:

a) in the price range

b) a portable headphone (as in, NOT an IEM)

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #28 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never heard them but I don't like them because they're made by a brand that's popular to hate on here and since I don't want to be part of the mainstream, I'll just agree with everything said here and know deep down that it'd be better if I actually put a pair of these headphones on my head and came up with my own conclusions.

It takes about 10 seconds of listening to realize that these headphones are useless

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #29 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by gbacic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It takes about 10 seconds of listening to realize that these headphones are useless

I'm sure you're right, but it's like we play witch hunt here sometimes and next thing you know it's 5 pages of how much everyone hates dre beats and skullcandy (rightfully so).

I guess it's good entertainment, no doubt about it. I should probably just stay away from these threads instead of piling on the spam ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back