Time for upgrade - suggestions?!?
Mar 9, 2011 at 12:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

derycksan

100+ Head-Fier
Long time lurker, first time poster
beyersmile.png

Currently wearing Technics RP-DJ1200 which I still love for the majority of my listening (electronica, hip hop) but they seem lacking a bit of detail when listening to more live instrumentation.  Spent lots of time going through threads and have narrowed my choices down to ULTRASONE HFI-580/780 or SHURE SRH840 but open to other suggestions. I was planning on spending $200-$250 for new cans + a portable amp (probably waiting on amp until e11 comes out).

I listen to a wide variety of music and I understand nothing is going to be perfect for everything but I tend to prefer a balanced sound with solid bass(not boomy but clean, deep bass) with lots of detail but smooth, not bright.  Prefer closed cans as I'll be using them at work.

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #3 of 7
HFI 580 yep. Though keep in mind that some don't find them comfortable after long periods of time.

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #4 of 7
Is there a significant difference between the 580's and 780's  Doesn't look like I can demo the 580s at local Guitar Center but I figure 780's will give me an idea of the brand's sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back