Time for a rant...
Jun 9, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #31 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by BennyBoy
Nothing wrong with Gary's PA2V2! I use mine everyday and love it!
very_evil_smiley.gif

X2

And Gary is such a nice guy that I would buy it again even if it was a peice.

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #32 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Ultrasones seem to be a love them or hate them kind of thing. The rest of your gear should be good... I'd say swap out the headphones.

I keep hearing this, but I actually have not seen a single person who loves Ultrasones, or even likes them.

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
spraggih, I love that funny thread in your sig
biggrin.gif

Not my creation - just came across it and I am happy for it!
icon10.gif

Jun 9, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #35 of 39
or does anybody know if his cans need an amp?

anyway, i got a similar experience. i was using some sonys before i got my first better headphones, actually it was an iem, er6i. when i first put them in my ear, comfort was not an issue but the sound just, suck. no bass. sound very different from what i used to. i thought about giving up but i just spent 150 on those phones. no i'm not going to throw them away. i kept using them for about 6 month. i finally gave up on them but once i switch back to ibud. i realize they're really trash. i think i kind of got used to those detail sound. not exactly my type of sound but i think those iem gave me an idea of "sound".

just keep using them.

Jun 9, 2006 at 10:25 AM Post #36 of 39
Many stock earbuds have a lot of bass. That's what the consumer likes.

I think you slowly have to change your preferences to the "right" ones
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #38 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulRivers
Despite what they try to convince you, simply spending money on more expensive headphones does *not* mean you're going to instantly "upgrade from your "crappy" earbuds".

*sigh*

Exactly...I thought a $200+ pair of headphones would be my ticket to sonic paradise. Wait....patience. Maybe they're taking me on a detour first....through a saw mill.
basshead.gif

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:34 PM Post #39 of 39
HFI-650s beaten by stock buds, hmm, now that has me puzzled... actually they're supposed to be one of Ultrasone's most balanced offerings. And Ultrasones certainly are not known for having the most neutral sonic signature to begin with, too little bass would be highly strange (unless the seal is really bad). I can only advise to give 'em a good break-in, and if that doesn't help, try some other cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back