Tidal Lossless Streaming
Dec 7, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #4,727 of 5,203
Of course. And that's the source of the 'disagreement'. We are focusing on 2 different things.
True enough. However, I am not going to give primacy to the human experience over the rest of the universe though, but that is me. If we use the human hearing system as the arbitral for such matters we are essential saying nothing exists in reality unless humans perceive it. Seems a little self-aggrandizing to subjugate all reality to our perception. I do not detect the movement of the Earth, I do not perceive the roundness of the Earth's shape and yet they exist.

We do not need the secondary, human-centric definition of sound, it serves no real purpose. We know that we have a hearing system that is designed to detect sound which tells us that sound exists beyond our experience. Absolutely sound needs to be perceived in order for us to use that information, but you can have sound without humans. IMO.

Dec 7, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #4,729 of 5,203
We have defined what sound is through human perception. Same thing with "visible" light. It is relative to human perception. It is a bit of a paradox of sorts.
Actually the human perception of sound is presented as a secondary definition of sound, the primary definition of sound is not dependent on perception, it is accepted as a phenomena which exists in the realm of physics with or without a perceiving agent.

Dec 7, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #4,730 of 5,203
I started using Bubble UPnP on my LG V20 as a front-end control for Tidal streaming to my DAC via my Windows PC.

It seems that Bubble is unable to access the Master quality MQA streams. I also noticed that UAPP, another popular option on Android with Tidal support, no longer plays MQA streams from Tidal. Several months ago UAPP did in fact have access to such master quality streams.

Has Tidal instituted a new API policy that blocks third-party apps such as Bubble and UAPP from being able to access the MQA streams or am I missing something with my setup?
Bubble works fine sending MQA to my Streamer

Dec 7, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #4,731 of 5,203
Dec 7, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #4,732 of 5,203
So I will consider this dead horse beaten and concede to @Sonic Defender.

That's to bad, I was thoroughly enjoying your debate. Carry on.

Dec 7, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #4,734 of 5,203
I was one of those poe
It seems Sonic Defender is living up to his username, then.

Anyone else using Tidal through UAPP experiencing issues? All I now get is an Error, something went wrong message when attempting to use it.

All works fine for me.

Dec 7, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #4,735 of 5,203
It seems Sonic Defender is living up to his username, then.

Anyone else using Tidal through UAPP experiencing issues? All I now get is an Error, something went wrong message when attempting to use it.
Yes. And No.

I'm not using UAPP, but I am getting inconsistent access issues as well:
My iPhone works fine.
MBP Tidal app cannot connect, getting same error as you.
SR25 builtin Tidal app worked OK earlier this morning, but now also gets "Unknown error".
SR25 side loaded .apk works OK.

So, yea, 50/50 for me atm. I'm paranoid of logging out of anything and trying to log in again, I suspect it might fail...

Dec 7, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #4,736 of 5,203
I've been having problem with logging in to Tidal for the last few hours. I contacted support and that's a response.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 6.51.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 6.51.56 PM.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 0
Dec 7, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #4,737 of 5,203
I've been having problem with logging in to Tidal for the last few hours. I contacted support and that's a response.
Seems like it's fixed by now...

Dec 7, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #4,738 of 5,203
I hear a big difference between Spotify MP3 Vs tidal hifi lossless. It's a massive leap in sound quality and I challenge anyone to listen to the same track on Spotify Vs tidal lossless.

Dec 8, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #4,739 of 5,203
Sorry if I came across as needing to be right (although who doesn't like being right?). I just have never understood why that tree falling word puzzle thing is given such reverence. Plus I've been home sick for a few days so got a little bored:sunglasses:. Had a negative Covid test so I get to go back to work.

Dec 8, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #4,740 of 5,203
Sorry if I came across as needing to be right (although who doesn't like being right?). I just have never understood why that tree falling word puzzle thing is given such reverence. Plus I've been home sick for a few days so got a little bored:sunglasses:. Had a negative Covid test so I get to go back to work.
I had always made a distinction between a sound wave and sound. A longitudinal pressure wave or mechanical wave was responsible for sound, but was not in all definitions, sound itself to me. But, since this physical force will impact the environment, I see it makes no logical sense to separate these ideas as they are one in the same from a technical perspective.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back