Tidal Lossless Streaming
May 26, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #3,856 of 5,203
Did the military discount change for US veterans and active duty members? The discount used to be $12.99 per month if I recall correctly.

It was 11.99 when my friend signed up 6 months ago. I signed up at 17.99 but I am going to switch to military discount when I renew in July. I have only been on Tidal for the last few months so i am not aware of when a price change occured.

May 26, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #3,857 of 5,203
It was 11.99 when my friend signed up 6 months ago. I signed up at 17.99 but I am going to switch to military discount when I renew in July. I have only been on Tidal for the last few months so i am not aware of when a price change occured.

Yes, I was mistaken. I just logged on and checked my purchase history receipts and it was $11.99 back in 2016 when I last subscribed to the HiFi service.

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003662825-Subscription-Types

May 26, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #3,858 of 5,203
Haha, I have the same issue with all the Mexican pop/rap recommendations showing up first. Although it has been a great way to learn to swear in Spanish!
I’m proficient in Portuguese swearing. I keep a funk playlist to annoy the middle-aged neighbours upstairs when they’re too loud. The lyrics are quite graphic and often focussed on female butts. I’m sure they don’t like it much, either.

May 29, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #3,860 of 5,203
Did the UI change recently?

Can i toggle by masters?
At the Home page, scroll down till you see the Masters albums.

No search available for Masters only.

Jun 5, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #3,861 of 5,203
Hi guys,
apologies if this question has been asked before, I'm currently using Tidal (online mode only) with my windows laptop connected to a chord mojo. Do I have to enable "exclusive mode" on Tidal to get the most from mojo?

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #3,863 of 5,203
Hey guys, i've been having issues with my Tidal app for my iphone. I was wondering if there was any way to make the volume louder when using headphones? I use Bose soundsport headphones, and find that my itunes volume is much higher than that of Tidal.

Jun 12, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #3,864 of 5,203
Hey guys, i've been having issues with my Tidal app for my iphone. I was wondering if there was any way to make the volume louder when using headphones? I use Bose soundsport headphones, and find that my itunes volume is much higher than that of Tidal.

How is the volume when you disable Loudness Normalization?

Jun 15, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #3,866 of 5,203
An outboard amp would give you tons more volume :darthsmile:

Jun 15, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #3,867 of 5,203
Here’s a question I SHOULD know the answer to, but don’t. If one has a non-MQA DAC, does the non-Master version of an album in Tidal sound better that the Master version? If not, why offer both versions? They could just offer the Master version and mark it as such for the folks seeking those out.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #3,868 of 5,203
If one has a non-MQA DAC, does the non-Master version of an album in Tidal sound better that the Master version?
I find the opposite to be the case. The sound quality of non-Master albums (especially from the major record labels) are often crippled by anti-piracy audible watermarks. When there is an equivalent Master release it usually sounds better to me, not because of MQA but because they don't seem to be processed with watermarking.

why offer both versions?
They are separate album releases. As far as Tidal is concerned, they may as well be completely different albums. It is really up to the record label how to handle it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back