Tidal Lossless Streaming
Mar 25, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #3,421 of 5,203
if you miss a month's payment by accident do you loose all your saved music, artists, albums etc? or are they there when you log in next time?

i also noticed the little tag that slides left to right in the top right hand corner stating which song your listening too is not coming out till over a minute into the song now???strange any thoughts.

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #3,422 of 5,203
  if you miss a month's payment by accident do you loose all your saved music, artists, albums etc? or are they there when you log in next time?

Should not be a problem keeping your saved stuff.  I was a member when it was first made available in the US, and have since reactivated my subscription on and off over the last few years and everything I saved is still there.

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #3,423 of 5,203

i also noticed the little tag that slides left to right in the top right hand corner stating which song your listening too is not coming out till over a minute into the song now???strange any thoughts.

I left tidal and came back 2 mo later...All my lists were still there...Unsure how long this lasts for, however...Email them... Support@tidal.com

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #3,424 of 5,203
I spent last night some time listening side by side Tidal and Onkyo HF player apps using iPhone 7/Mojo. iPhone was switched to airplane mode to avoid interference, Onkyo HF was fed with self-ripped files and same files and albums in Tidal were downloaded for offline listening. 
After going back and forth, I could swear there was a noticeable difference between Tidal's and own ripped files, Onkyo HF sounding cleaner, fuller, richer and with less noise. Listening to soft strings music on Tidal app had noticeable distortion and artifacts, and sometimes pops and cracks. I was wondering if the cause is the ominous audio watermark, or maybe program codes of the apps, Onkyo HF being programmed to use less iPhone resources? Anyway, to my ears the files don't sound the same. Curious to hear experiences of other HeadFiers. 

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #3,425 of 5,203
I spent last night some time listening side by side Tidal and Onkyo HF player apps using iPhone 7/Mojo. iPhone was switched to airplane mode to avoid interference, Onkyo HF was fed with self-ripped files and same files and albums in Tidal were downloaded for offline listening. 
After going back and forth, I could swear there was a noticeable difference between Tidal's and own ripped files, Onkyo HF sounding cleaner, fuller, richer and with less noise. Listening to soft strings music on Tidal app had noticeable distortion and artifacts, and sometimes pops and cracks. I was wondering if the cause is the ominous audio watermark, or maybe program codes of the apps, Onkyo HF being programmed to use less iPhone resources? Anyway, to my ears the files don't sound the same. Curious to hear experiences of other HeadFiers. 

16/44 CD rips to AIFF vs. Tidal 16/44 FLACS:

My rips' touch, timbre, texture are better on direct comparison. However, my Tidal playback has none of the gross artifacts you describe. By itself, Tidal sounds superb on my rig, and the huge catalog (with some gaps) is invaluable. Of course, the albums themselves vary greatly.

IMO! YMMV

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #3,428 of 5,203
Going to try my tidal w my microrendu/ultracaps this wkend... and will try Roon too...

Anyone doing the Room lifetime subscription? Also considering trying JRiver

Roon now has the masters section and will shortly be capable of the first unfold (Software only). I'm happy with Roon as the metadata and organization and ability to play back pretty much any format along with Tidal and hopefully soon Spotify makes it worth while for me. 
You can also upgrade from annual to lifetime at any time. Reducing the upfront/risk costs

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #3,429 of 5,203
Going to try my tidal w my microrendu/ultracaps this wkend... and will try Roon too...

I've had roon since they started and purchased a lifetime membership right at the beginning. I love the tidal integration as it gives access to detailed artist and album information, brings me back to the days of reading liner notes on albums while listening. It's nice to be able to learn about new artists and dig more deeply into the history of some of my favourite artists.

One downside with roon is the playback on portable devices. It's non existent on iOS devices and the andoid implementation is quite basic. However they have been quite responsive and I'm hoping they develop a more robust playback system on Android. For those with mojos the new poly will provide roon endpoint capability allowing full integration with roon playback capabilities. And there are a number of roon certified devices available.

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #3,430 of 5,203

Yes, I did the Room lifetime Subscription and am very happy. As I change hardware I always look for Roon capability. Works for me!

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #3,431 of 5,203
I'd agree. I listen on both my home stereo and my IEMs on my phone. I've got a fairly good ear. I'd say there are differences in quality. Perhaps. I think it's a cost benefit. I get a discount because I'm in the third man record "vault" service. For $20/month I think it's a good deal. The gapless playback is non existent on the iOS app. That's kind of a bummer IMHO. Does anyone know why I see two versions of a lot of albums? Not like "dirty/clean" versions but like two versions of the same album under an artist. Many of these seem to be the exact same catalog issues but duplicated on the iOS app. Anyone?

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #3,432 of 5,203
Lately I've been using the Tidal Android app on my Acer Chromebook R11. Using it with an ODAC, Schiit Magni 2 Uber, and HD650. The sound is great, and I can definitely hear a noticeable difference between Tidal HiFi and Spotify premium. 

It fills the screen and looks and navigates very well.

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #3,435 of 5,203
I will start a lossless family subscription myself if I can get at least 2 others to join.  PM me.  I am not interested in the regular lossy subscription so only PM if interested in lossless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back