Tidal Lossless Streaming
Jun 22, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #2,611 of 5,203
What DAPs are people using Tidal with?

IPhone 4S >> CEntrance M8

Very happy with the SQ, and love the EQ capabilities of the M8.

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #2,615 of 5,203
Any codes for promos? I bought a table which I can output to my ALO International and the thought of switching to Tidal from Spotify is lurking. Also is offline mode available for mobile devices (Android) AND Windows PC? I was told it was only on mobile devices that support offline mode.

Last but not least, how many devices can have offline content at a time? I understand you can't play multiple devices simultaneously that have internet connectivity with one account but with Spotify, you can set the offline mode on (with offline content of course) and play 3 devices simultaneous.

Jun 24, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #2,617 of 5,203
one thing about streaming (and i guess this stands for any music one is listening to)
is it an updated, remastered version which seems more and more popular these days?
(and I mean in the good remastered way, not just thru 'loudness' remastered).

i mean sure you can get 'cd quality' from tidal...but what if the cd used isn't the better, latest production?
wont' that all makes a difference to our listening enjoyment?

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #2,618 of 5,203
it was fun yesterday floating around the office
sharing the dragonfly red and tidal hi fi / ipod with my coworkers
...many of them had no idea that portable music could sound so good 
wink.gif

Jun 25, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #2,619 of 5,203
it was fun yesterday floating around the office

sharing the dragonfly red and tidal hi fi / ipod with my coworkers

...many of them had no idea that portable music could sound so good :wink:  

Great, that's how we get new converts to our hobby and keep it growing! Same thing happens at our meets.

Jun 25, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #2,621 of 5,203

i mean sure you can get 'cd quality' from tidal...but what if the cd used isn't the better, latest production?
wont' that all makes a difference to our listening enjoyment?

Depends how much better. The original would have to be different enough. Sometimes remasters are worse, but sometimes they are better.

Jun 26, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #2,623 of 5,203
thanks...wish there was one in vancouver....guess i could put a notice out

You just missed the Bellingham meet (last Saturday). Smaller meet than most of the Seattle meets. Look at the two threads Bellingham 2016 to get the flavor of it. You can keep an eye on meets in this area searching Seattle 2016.

Jun 26, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #2,625 of 5,203
have to ask: is there a site that ranks the quality of recordings under a particular artist/group?
for instance I love Queen and there are many albums of collections or 'greatest hits' on Tidal that have the same songs....
but I would like to listen to the better recorded ones, of course.

listening now to Freddie and the boys rock it out live with 'somebody to love'
at the milton keynes bowl in '82...sometimes live doesn't sound so hot...but it's rock and roll rawness just smokes here.
...sure it doesn't sound as good on the youtube clip below as it does on tidal...but wanted to share anyway.

btw, i was lucky to have seen freddie and the boys live twice in my lifetime 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back