Tidal Lossless Streaming
Jun 20, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #2,596 of 5,203
FWIW not all of Tidal is lossless, could've been bad luck?

I know this thing. But it was checked tracks from my collection and through the WiFi sure.

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #2,597 of 5,203
I've noticed a couple albums that are lossy. Also noticed they were not in the artist's regular catalog (in U.S.) So I assume that's what Tidal was able to get.

But over 99% of what I've pulled up is 16/44 lossless, so I'm happy.

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #2,598 of 5,203
question please:

do many of you save your tidal as off line songs?
if so at what download? reg or hifi?
hi fi takes up soo much room storage wise.

am just trying to find a way to enjoy hifi mode of my songs as often as possible
right now i don't download flac at all..it's all streaming for me.

...and i find when using a wifi hotspot often i'll have to tone it down from 'hifi'
due to interruption in the download (guess the wifi pipe is restricting such large
downloads or alot of people on it)

Jun 20, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #2,599 of 5,203
question please:

do many of you save your tidal as off line songs?
if so at what download? reg or hifi?
hi fi takes up soo much room storage wise.

am just trying to find a way to enjoy hifi mode of my songs as often as possible
right now i don't download flac at all..it's all streaming for me.

...and i find when using a wifi hotspot often i'll have to tone it down from 'hifi'
due to interruption in the download (guess the wifi pipe is restricting such large
downloads or alot of people on it)

I download all HIFI to my Onkyo DP-X1 and stream HIFI on my iPhone.

Jun 20, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #2,602 of 5,203
I have a 64gb card for Tidal in my Onkyo, so far there is 500 songs on there and I have about 45gb to go. If I fill that I will buy a 200gb.

thanks howdy ...appreciate your feedback...

and when you download tidal do you do it at the hifi mode off line or the 320kps?
 if in hfi fi offline, if i'm right, that is 10mb/1min...  thus  a 5 min song = 50mb
64gb (roughly 65,000 mb) = 1300 songs (5 min each) / tidal hi fi.

no wonder people do flac...i hear it gets downloaded in a compressed mode of storage
but plays at cd level or whatever during playback (if i'm correct, that is).

excuse my naivete guys: i'm just getting into downloading music (in different forms)
onto my device, so am undergoing a bit of 'trial and error'.

Jun 21, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #2,603 of 5,203
thanks howdy ...appreciate your feedback...

and when you download tidal do you do it at the hifi mode off line or the 320kps?
 if in hfi fi offline, if i'm right, that is 10mb/1min...  thus  a 5 min song = 50mb
64gb (roughly 65,000 mb) = 1300 songs (5 min each) / tidal hi fi.

no wonder people do flac...i hear it gets downloaded in a compressed mode of storage
but plays at cd level or whatever during playback (if i'm correct, that is).

excuse my naivete guys: i'm just getting into downloading music (in different forms)
onto my device, so am undergoing a bit of 'trial and error'.

Lossy files can't be "made back" into lossless. Data is thrown away, gone.

FLAC or ALAC files are "compressed" to save file space, but data is not lost.

WAV or AIFF files are not compressed at all, and use the most space.

Jun 21, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #2,604 of 5,203
I've noticed a couple albums that are lossy. Also noticed they were not in the artist's regular catalog (in U.S.) So I assume that's what Tidal was able to get.

But over 99% of what I've pulled up is 16/44 lossless, so I'm happy.

I`m talking about that CapTune can not stream HiFi quality. Looks like it stream the Normal only.

Jun 21, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #2,605 of 5,203
Ok guys, I found how to change streaming quality in the CapTune. Look at this screenshots https://imgur.com/a/eYUXT

Jun 22, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #2,610 of 5,203
my ipod touch 6 with dragonfly red...soon to add chord mojo

I found the ergonomics of the Dragonfly a bit awkward. There seemed no way to position it where either the CCK or headphone cable was not bent sharply through 180. I guess right angled plugs might have helped.
I liked the SQ of it though. Except that my iPhone 6S caused interference.
The Mojo makes quite a clunky stack IMHO. Don't underestimate the pleasure of just being able to slip your DAP in your pocket. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back