Tidal Lossless Streaming
Nov 19, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #1,696 of 5,210
Does anyone know why tidal's digital volume is louder than iTunes when all the way up? 

I wan't to not potentially lose bits of information by having the digital volume lowered on Tidal. 

It is odd that the default (when you open the player the first time), the volume is at half. 

Any thoughts?

Nov 20, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #1,697 of 5,210
  Does anyone know why tidal's digital volume is louder than iTunes when all the way up? 

I wan't to not potentially lose bits of information by having the digital volume lowered on Tidal. 

It is odd that the default (when you open the player the first time), the volume is at half. 

Any thoughts?

First of all you must make sure that you are in bit-perfect mode. Only the desktop app will give you bit-perfect playback without help from other software like for example Asio Bridge/Amarra/Roon Labs/JplayStreamer. When you know that you have a bit-perfect playback use the Tidal volume slider on 100%.

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #1,698 of 5,210

Any thoughts?

Is it a problem that the volume is higher? Different sources can have different volumes, and there's nothing necessarily wrong with that.

Nov 20, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #1,699 of 5,210

Any thoughts?

Is it a problem that the volume is higher? Different sources can have different volumes, and there's nothing necessarily wrong with that.

+1 the 50% volume slider is just a pre-caution not to get sued by deaf users! :D

BTW Billheiser. Nice to see that you are using Brian Eno's classical third speaker tweak! A trip down memory lane...and I mean that in a good way! :)
Would be interesting to try it out with speaker Enacoms http://www.combak.net/enacom/EnacomSeries.html#Main on the main speakers! :wink:
Guessing that you own 2 pairs of identical bookshelf speakers you should try another tweak as well, ie putting two speakers on top of each other tweeter to tweeter (one in normal position and the other one up-side-down on top). If possible it is a potensial eye opener!
Will need a powerful dual amp setup though..

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #1,700 of 5,210
Has anyone found the song quality on ios is different from the one on computer? I recently bought a Mojo, and I decide to try Tidal.
When I use Mac, the light on Mojo turns light purple(352 khz), but it turns red( max 44.1khz) when I use iphone 6, there's a big difference in the formats.

Nov 23, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #1,701 of 5,210
Guessing that you own 2 pairs of identical bookshelf speakers you should try another tweak as well, ie putting two speakers on top of each other tweeter to tweeter (one in normal position and the other one up-side-down on top). If possible it is a potensial eye opener!

Years ago, I had the original Advent speakers, and with a friend's pair, we stacked them in that way for a party.  It was common back then to call them "Double Advents".  We had someone else's amp, I think it was the Phase Linear 400, one of the most powerful amps around at that time.  The party was awesome.

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #1,702 of 5,210
Has anyone found the song quality on ios is different from the one on computer? I recently bought a Mojo, and I decide to try Tidal.
When I use Mac, the light on Mojo turns light purple(352 khz), but it turns red( max 44.1khz) when I use iphone 6, there's a big difference in the formats.

Could be your Audio MIDI setting on the Mac. You need to select the rate.

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #1,703 of 5,210

Years ago, I had the original Advent speakers, and with a friend's pair, we stacked them in that way for a party.  It was common back then to call them "Double Advents".  We had someone else's amp, I think it was the Phase Linear 400, one of the most powerful amps around at that time.  The party was awesome.

I have´nt heard the Advent speakers...but knows about the Phase Linear 400. That surely sounds like my kind of party. I wish I was there! :wink:

Nov 25, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #1,704 of 5,210
Hey guys,

May I ask if any of you know of a good website where I can stream and/or download full songs at 24bit/192 or even higher quality albums?

My collection is diverse, from mainstream, to ultra rare tracks. I also listen to a lot of new age and ambient music.

I already have a tidal hi-fi account, but I found their collection is lacking (at least in my case). On some songs, I noticed the spectrogram is cut at 20 Khz, with some of them being shelved at even lower frequencies. I'm not an expert at this, but it makes me wonder if what I'm getting is indeed lossless music.

Any help would be appreciated, especially pointers for websites that allow lossless streaming.

If you also know how to make an iPod play 24bit/192khz music, don't hesitate to share.

ionut

Nov 25, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #1,705 of 5,210
 May I ask if any of you know of a good website where I can stream and/or download full songs at 24bit/192 or even higher quality albums?

Here is a suggestion for you: http://www.hdtracks.com/ :)

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #1,707 of 5,210
i cant find "customized" in the optimization  level in fidelizer  6.11 

why? is that optimization  level gone?

if yes then how  do i setup fidelizer for Tidal?

It is the same thing...just all customize now. Choose extremist mode and tick every option in the panel.

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #1,708 of 5,210
Nov 27, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #1,709 of 5,210
Not sure where to write this but here goes,
I'm using a oneplus 2 playing tidal with UAPP app to a chord mojo plays great in hifi setting. Phone will also play tidal in hifi setting without mojo, great. If I decide to play offline and can't use the app the oneplus 2 will not play in hifi setting,only in low quality setting. Wondered whether this is an android thing, as new to it as you can probably tell, or is the phone incapable of doing it. If so I would just stop wasting my time and get another handset, maybe nexus 6p or v10?!

Nov 27, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #1,710 of 5,210
Not sure where to write this but here goes,
I'm using a oneplus 2 playing tidal with UAPP app to a chord mojo plays great in hifi setting. Phone will also play tidal in hifi setting without mojo, great. If I decide to play offline and can't use the app the oneplus 2 will not play in hifi setting,only in low quality setting. Wondered whether this is an android thing, as new to it as you can probably tell, or is the phone incapable of doing it. If so I would just stop wasting my time and get another handset, maybe nexus 6p or v10?!

If you download files to use them in offline mode you will have to make sure that you have selected Hifi on download quality as well in the Tidal settings. There are three sound qualities to select there. Wifi streaming/Mobile Streaming/Download quality. Good luck! :)

/Micael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back