Tidal Lossless Streaming
Nov 12, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #1,651 of 5,203
The past week or so I have been getting numerous server errors. It seems to be getting worse everyday. Right now I am unable to browse "genres" at all.

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #1,652 of 5,203
Hey everyone,
I have had some issues with payment of Tidal and was wondering if you all had any insight to the issue.

I have been using Tidal for about 3 months and each month they charge my card my bank flags it as fraud, denies the payment, and puts a hold on my card. I then am required to call the bank and prove that I authorized the purchase. Despite this the bank has continued to deny payment and now I no longer have access to Tidal at all.

Has anyone had similar issues and if so how did they resolve it?

I have already talked with the bank several times. I was going to try removing and re-adding my credit card on tidal but it seems there is no way to remove that information.

Thanks in advance for the help.

John

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #1,653 of 5,203
Hey everyone,
I have had some issues with payment of Tidal and was wondering if you all had any insight to the issue.

I have been using Tidal for about 3 months and each month they charge my card my bank flags it as fraud, denies the payment, and puts a hold on my card. I then am required to call the bank and prove that I authorized the purchase. Despite this the bank has continued to deny payment and now I no longer have access to Tidal at all.

I have already talked with the bank several times. I was going to try removing and re-adding my credit card on tidal but it seems there is no way to remove that information.

John

Sounds strange. Have'nt experianced the same issue. However, why don't you change to PayPal account and pay Tidal through it? IF you have'nt got a PayPal account it is very simple to get. Works like a charm for me!

Nov 13, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #1,654 of 5,203
Hey everyone,

John

I have had three Tidal accounts in three countries (US, Canada, Brazil) with credit cards from each of those countries and have experienced no problems. As recommended above, try PayPal. (I switch accounts depending on which country is cheapest. At the moment Brazil is the hands down winner...about US$8 for the hi resolution subscription).

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #1,655 of 5,203
I may be switching to Tidal soon given the recent trouble with Qobuz which is the current streaming service I use. Damn shame as I really liked Qobuz the past few years for streaming. Bought a few Hi-Res albums there too. Though I am thinking about going back to buying CD's. Miss that tactile feel.

Nov 14, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #1,656 of 5,203
I may be switching to Tidal soon given the recent trouble with Qobuz which is the current streaming service I use. Damn shame as I really liked Qobuz the past few years for streaming. Bought a few Hi-Res albums there too. Though I am thinking about going back to buying CD's. Miss that tactile feel.

I was also a Qobuz streaming user for two years. I enjoyed it while it was a pioneer but got tired of navigating in French (my account was France-based) and constant buffering issues. I became wary of Qobuz when its financial problems first came to light a year or so ago. Tidal works well for me, although if you are a classical music fan Tidal doesn't have nearly as much to offer.

Nov 14, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #1,657 of 5,203
Does anybody have any idea on what my issue might be? Tidal customer support has been extremely slow and I haven't gotten anywhere with them so far.

I signed up for a 30 day trial from my Android smartphone. It works 100% fine all the time on my smartphone no matter what network I am connected to. I have yet to be able to sign in on my laptop on my home network. Every single time it say "server error - please try again". I know I am putting my password in correctly, and if I type it in wrong on purpose it gives me a different error message saying that my password is invalid. So it's not simply a login error. Yesterday I was able to log in at my job on a work computer just to see, it worked perfectly. I tried on my girlfriends laptop on my home network and got the same error, it seems to be a network issue, and not just an issue with my computer. What settings should I be looking at or changing in my wireless router settings. I setup the router and never changed anything, so there should be nothing funky going on, it's not even password protected since I live in the woods on a backroad I'm not worried about people logging on to my network that shouldn't. My internet provider is optimum Online and we have the Ultra 50 speed and it tests fast, just like it should. 

Any ideas? I'm getting pissed and really don't want to pay these people if they can't help me solve my issue, but I really like the service on my phone. It sounds sooo good.

EDIT: Well, I got in. It's definitely some kind of network issue. I used my LG V10 as a wifi hotspot using my Verizon wireless cell phone service, connected my laptop to this hotspot, and was finally able to login. Then I immediately disconnected my laptop from the cell phone wireless hotspot and back to my home wireless network and proceeded to stream some flac music. It's working perfectly right now, but I'm afraid to sign out, it probably won't let me back in again. Hopefully when I turn my laptop off and then back on next time it'll not ask me to sign in. This is just using the web browser through Google Chrome.

Nov 14, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #1,658 of 5,203
Does anybody have any idea on what my issue might be? Tidal customer support has been extremely slow and I haven't gotten anywhere with them so far.

I signed up for a 30 day trial from my Android smartphone. It works 100% fine all the time on my smartphone no matter what network I am connected to. I have yet to be able to sign in on my laptop on my home network. Every single time it say "server error - please try again". I know I am putting my password in correctly, and if I type it in wrong on purpose it gives me a different error message saying that my password is invalid. So it's not simply a login error. Yesterday I was able to log in at my job on a work computer just to see, it worked perfectly. I tried on my girlfriends laptop on my home network and got the same error, it seems to be a network issue, and not just an issue with my computer. What settings should I be looking at or changing in my wireless router settings. I setup the router and never changed anything, so there should be nothing funky going on, it's not even password protected since I live in the woods on a backroad I'm not worried about people logging on to my network that shouldn't. My internet provider is optimum Online and we have the Ultra 50 speed and it tests fast, just like it should. 

Any ideas? I'm getting pissed and really don't want to pay these people if they can't help me solve my issue, but I really like the service on my phone. It sounds sooo good.

EDIT: Well, I got in. It's definitely some kind of network issue. I used my LG V10 as a wifi hotspot using my Verizon wireless cell phone service, connected my laptop to this hotspot, and was finally able to login. Then I immediately disconnected my laptop from the cell phone wireless hotspot and back to my home wireless network and proceeded to stream some flac music. It's working perfectly right now, but I'm afraid to sign out, it probably won't let me back in again. Hopefully when I turn my laptop off and then back on next time it'll not ask me to sign in. This is just using the web browser through Google Chrome.

Try changing the DNS settings in your router to Google DNS and see if that makes a difference. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Nov 14, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #1,659 of 5,203
+1 but also to use the desktop player instead of the Chrome player. Better sound & less hassle IF you ask me.
Even better if you use Jplayer for Tidal. You will need an Android device (mobile phone or tablet), Windows 8 or later, Jplay (free trial) and BubbleDS DS Next (free up to 10 songs at a time). It will be both easier to use and will sound amazing! :)

Nov 14, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #1,660 of 5,203
Try changing the DNS settings in your router to Google DNS and see if that makes a difference. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Tried, still no good. Thanks though.

Nov 14, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #1,661 of 5,203

Tried, still no good. Thanks though.

Here is some suggestions:
1. If you use wifi disable Wired connection and the other way around
2. Use fixed IP config
3. IF you use wifi switch off the router for 10 seconds and try to connect again. This will actually happens randomly.
4. Update your router if possible or change the router to a new one.

Good luck! :)

Nov 14, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #1,662 of 5,203
I'm also very sorry to hear about Qobuz going into receivership.  I'd been thinking about returning to them as their musical focus is more in line with my tastes.  If they do go out of business it will be interesting to see how this impacts on Tidal development.  Will they exploit what will be a monopoly position in CD quality streaming or use the inevitable extra revenue for the benefit of customers?

Nov 14, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #1,663 of 5,203
Ive updated the firmware on the router, ive disabled the wired lan, ive rebooted and tuened the router off and on. Still no good.

I dont know what fixed ip means.

Nov 14, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #1,664 of 5,203
Ive updated the firmware on the router, ive disabled the wired lan, ive rebooted and tuened the router off and on. Still no good.

I dont know what fixed ip means.

http://bfy.tw/2nC6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back