Tidal Lossless Streaming
Jan 23, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #287 of 5,203

I am looking for a music streaming service but I listen to a lot of old school hip hop and edm. How is tidal when it comes the these music genres? Also if you wouldn't recommend this what other streaming service has very high quality streaming of those genres? I will almost always be listening from home with my HD 700's. Thanks in advance.

You need to put in your card details, but you do get two week trial before you are charged. Take a look see for yourself. =)

You can always cancel if you're not satisfied and not be charged a penny.

It's this that makes me extremely reluctant to try it. Submit my details and then hope they keep their word when I cancel.  That and the fact that there's no opportunity to take a look in their catalogue before submitting my details

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #288 of 5,203
hi, understand your concern re submitting your card and hoping that they keep their word. Personally i doubt if they would "hood wink" you. Would be illegal under any purchase agreement. Trial or not. Gave it a trial and cancelled within 2 hours due to buffering issues. They mailed me be back straight away to confirm that i cancelled my subscription. 

Voxie

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #289 of 5,203
There's a difference between hoodwinking and incompetence with the latter being far more common.

Thanks for the reassurance though. Woud be easier to make up my mind if I could have a browse around first.

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #290 of 5,203
There's a difference between hoodwinking and incompetence with the latter being far more common.

Thanks for the reassurance though. Woud be easier to make up my mind if I could have a browse around first.

I do understand, their website is under total lockdown unless you subscribe, it's hardly inviting for potential customers.

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #291 of 5,203
Agree, they should make it easier to evaluate their service before pulling the trigger, ie €20 per month! Been using Qubuz and found it perfect regarding my music taste and sq. Never had a problem regarding "buffering". 

Best
Voxie

Jan 24, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #292 of 5,203
Just subscribed last night for the one month free trial.

First impressions are they have an impressive catalogue. Audio quality excellent for what you pay for. Im mostly a Redbook user so for the cost of 2 CDs a month Ive got unlimited usage.

Just testing streaming from WiFi to ipad and using the CCK straight to USB input on my DAC the Woo Audio WDS-1. Plug and play baby! Pretty good results, I'll defo use this for my work setup so I dont have to sneak flacs onto my workstation...:p

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #294 of 5,203
Same question? Would LOVE one-month free trial!

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #296 of 5,203

Same exact way we pay $30, and americans pay $20

So, to pay $20, you just need to use a VPN to register as an Americain :)

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #298 of 5,203
Sorry, didn't realize that the month free was only outside of the U.S. 

Jan 25, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #299 of 5,203
  Sorry, didn't realize that the month free was only outside of the U.S. 

In the UK it is a week... 7 days and with no option to continue ad supported or even check out their catalogue which I find a bit strange if they are trying to promote their service. Regardless I am getting a free month because they are apparently they are having a kiosk at headroom next week in London so I can test it out a bit more. The one thing that I need to research is catalogue as I found a fair few holes for the music I tend to listen to.

Jan 25, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #300 of 5,203
Good thinking but I doubt they'd go for that for very long once they discover it, let alone that streaming through free VPNs might not be all that great, if you have to pay for it it defeats the purpose :)

Well... This is what I did to be able to register BEFORE TIDAL was available in my country. And you need to use the VPN only for registration. Then, once you get your log-in, you do not need to use the VPN anymore :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back