Tidal Lossless Streaming
Jan 3, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #271 of 5,203
I have to report that my Tidal experience has been nothing short of wonderful across the past two weeks.

I don't know what they've done, but previously, I was getting dropouts in nearly every song, on multiple iDevices and on my Win7 laptop. Now I'm thrilled because I've only had about five dropouts in 14 days!

Hopefully, this isn't a case of the squeaky wheel getting the oil. :xf_eek:

I really want Tidal to succeed. Exploring new (to me) albums and Shuffling through favorites I've already accumulated (when I just feel like listening) is a unique pleasure.

:D

Mike

Good news. If you and others continue to report that this positive performance persists, I will resubscribe. I found the dropouts intolerable.

Jan 3, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #272 of 5,203
Good news. If you and others continue to report that this positive performance persists, I will resubscribe. I found the dropouts intolerable.

I spoke too soon. It's been horrible this evening. I can stream 1080p videos on four devices simultaneously, but I can't play a single track on Tidal without dozens of 3- to 5-second gaps.

When they go an entire month without choking badly, I'll say something nice again.

Jan 3, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #273 of 5,203
Apparently I do not have golden ears and can't reliably tell the difference between 320K vs. lossless streaming.  When doing A/B comparisons, at best it seems like Tidal's volume is a little more than Spotify's at max?  For me that may be the sole reason for feeling like I hear slightly more detail in Tidal vs. Spotify.

Jan 4, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #274 of 5,203
Apparently I do not have golden ears and can't reliably tell the difference between 320K vs. lossless streaming.  When doing A/B comparisons, at best it seems like Tidal's volume is a little more than Spotify's at max?  For me that may be the sole reason for feeling like I hear slightly more detail in Tidal vs. Spotify.

It mostly depends on genre I found and secondly on ear/head phones used. I found that I could tell the difference in classical or jazz but can't with modern pop. Also I find it harder to hear differences with my SD2 but easier with my CE6P and I certainly do not have golden ears :)

Jan 4, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #275 of 5,203
Since I've switched to using Chrome and the Webplayer on the Mac Mini no drop outs. I was getting drop outs when I would stream from the iPad to AppleTV while surfing the web. Haven't tried that since getting the Mini set up. The wifi is busy here with me, the wife and daughter.

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #276 of 5,203
I've been trying to burn in my Schiit Bifrost Uber with Tidal but I set up a playlist, walk away, come back hours later and it's just stuck buffering on a track; buffering on a 160Mbps connection, go Tidal!

I'm having to use Foobar and/or Spotify to reliably get my hours in on my DAC. Not that it's the end of the world, it's just a shame it's not 100% up to par.

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #278 of 5,203
I am looking for a music streaming service but I listen to a lot of old school hip hop and edm. How is tidal when it comes the these music genres? Also if you wouldn't recommend this what other streaming service has very high quality streaming of those genres? I will almost always be listening from home with my HD 700's. Thanks in advance.

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #279 of 5,203
I am looking for a music streaming service but I listen to a lot of old school hip hop and edm. How is tidal when it comes the these music genres? Also if you wouldn't recommend this what other streaming service has very high quality streaming of those genres? I will almost always be listening from home with my HD 700's. Thanks in advance.

You need to put in your card details, but you do get two week trial before you are charged. Take a look see for yourself. =)

You can always cancel if you're not satisfied and not be charged a penny.

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #281 of 5,203
Tidal launched in my country today. Guess I don't have any reason not to try it anymore. 
darthsmile.gif

Jan 22, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #282 of 5,203
I want to try it but I wish I could try it for longer then just 7 days. I think they used to offer a 30 or 60 day trial but 7 days is just not enough to know for sure between work and personal life stuff I'll barley have time to listen.

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #283 of 5,203
you can always just subscribe for month, and If you don't like it cancel it.  I sometimes get some breaks from streaming in the evenings, but nowhere near like at the beginning.  I believe they realize they would loose a lot of customers if they didn't fix the issues.  
For now I am happy, discovered a lot of new artists, and now hardly even use my own library.  

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #284 of 5,203
Just gave Tidal a try out. Using the 7 day trial. Nice interface and collection is great, the problem is the buffering!

My broadband is bullet proof regarding connectivity as i run an on-line business. Had to cancel due to above issue. (within 2 hours) Currently using Qobuz and never had lagging issues. Ok, its UI is not the best and complicated regarding finding new music and interactivity, but its reliable. If Tidal can sort out this issue, i would gladly pony up €20 per Month as the sq is on par with Qobuz.

Best
Voxie

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #285 of 5,203
I finished a 14 day trial not one time did it buffer on my phone and computer, I thought cool I will let them charge my card.  That was yesterday, today I get "We are experiencing HiFi playback problem. This may be caused by low bandwidth. You could try to switch streaming quality in settings
"  I just figured I was on some good servers while the rest of you suffered.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back