Tidal Lossless Streaming
Dec 16, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #227 of 5,203
I had a great listening session this morning 5:30am-7am before everyone woke up. Having the entire house's bandwidth all to myself is quite nice. 

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #228 of 5,203
No issues here with Tidal in the uk. Perfect streaming over about 4-5 hours across 2 nights, using ipad2 and MacBook air. I'm with Virgin media and get 150 Mb download speed so wouldn't expect a problem my end. I'm very impressed so far . Probably expectation bias but I'm enjoying it more than spotify through benchmark dac1 > HD800. Sounds perfect!

Dec 17, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #231 of 5,203
Anyone know if they accept prepaid gift cards as a valid form of payment? I've been trying to sign up, but unfortunately to no avail.

Did you try PayPal? Before Tidal was available in Canada I opened an account (and paid for one month before cancelling because of the dropout issue many of us are experiencing) with PayPal Canada. I did this from Brazil. Tidal U.S. didn't seem to have any objections.

Dec 17, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #232 of 5,203
No issues here with Tidal in the uk. Perfect streaming over about 4-5 hours across 2 nights, using ipad2 and MacBook air. I'm with Virgin media and get 150 Mb download speed so wouldn't expect a problem my end. I'm very impressed so far . Probably expectation bias but I'm enjoying it more than spotify through benchmark dac1 > HD800. Sounds perfect!

Before cancelling because of the dropout issue I found streaming on the iPad to be less problematic than through a PC, either with Chrome or the standalone PC app. For awhile I was convinced there were no problems with iPad streaming, but eventually dropouts started there too. I am always careful to point out that I experienced problems with several Internet providers, on several different networks, using several different computers and iPads, in two countires. All providers were more than 50 megs. So dropouts apparently had nothing to do with anything at my end.

Dec 17, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #233 of 5,203
Did you try PayPal? Before Tidal was available in Canada I opened an account (and paid for one month before cancelling because of the dropout issue many of us are experiencing) with PayPal Canada. I did this from Brazil. Tidal U.S. didn't seem to have any objections.

I did, and still nothing. Been trying to reach customer service and they haven't responded so far.

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #235 of 5,203
Before cancelling because of the dropout issue I found streaming on the iPad to be less problematic than through a PC, either with Chrome or the standalone PC app. For awhile I was convinced there were no problems with iPad streaming, but eventually dropouts started there too. I am always careful to point out that I experienced problems with several Internet providers, on several different networks, using several different computers and iPads, in two countires. All providers were more than 50 megs. So dropouts apparently had nothing to do with anything at my end.

That's not good news. I suppose I will just enjoy it while it seems ok. I can always go back to spotify. I've not tried the offline mode yet but i assume you had no issues downloading them ?

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #236 of 5,203
I just bought a new MAC MINI with 8G RAM, once I finish the set up, if I get a drop out again, I will definitely cancel my subscription. I upgraded my internet service, using Ethernet connection and now replacing my old MacBook, LOL

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #237 of 5,203
That's not good news. I suppose I will just enjoy it while it seems ok. I can always go back to spotify. I've not tried the offline mode yet but i assume you had no issues downloading them ?

I had no problems downloading music to my iPad  for listening later. But with Tidal this cannot be done on a PC, only on portable devices. That's another frequent complaint from users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back