Tianyun Zero DAC - New 2009 Edition
Oct 3, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #256 of 336
You can't be Chinese and not know that just about everything available in China is fake. ***, ALL OF NEC IN CHINA WAS FAKE! Billions of dollars of industry. Even the factory owners that made the gear didn't know they were making it for a fake NEC entity.

Anyway, back on topic: Your choice of HDAM in the DAC + LT1364s in the headamp is probably best. I liked the LM4562 as well back when I had a Zero. It's a fun little unit, the Zero. Pity about the crap reliability, but that's what you get for cheap.

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:29 AM Post #257 of 336
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a fun little unit, the Zero. Pity about the crap reliability, but that's what you get for cheap.

What are these reliability issues I keep hearing about... are they from the get go or something that develops over time? I have had no problems whatsoever with my Zero that I bought used... I like to recommend the Zero to people looking for a cheap combo but don't want to recommend something that might blow up?

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #258 of 336
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are these reliability issues I keep hearing about... are they from the get go or something that develops over time? I have had no problems whatsoever with my Zero that I bought used... I like to recommend the Zero to people looking for a cheap combo but don't want to recommend something that might blow up?

for the price, sure it's a very very interesting unit !
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #259 of 336
smily_headphones1.gif
everyone has to start somewhere. i guess this unit is a good place to start before you spend more money and start digging a big black hole in your wallet

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #260 of 336
Quote:

Originally Posted by levin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
everyone has to start somewhere. i guess this unit is a good place to start before you spend more money and start digging a big black hole in your wallet

+1
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #261 of 336
Quote:

Originally Posted by levin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I've had more 'expensive' amps in the past but have yet found anything better than the Zero.

Oct 4, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #262 of 336
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can't be Chinese and not know that just about everything available in China is fake. .....

Pity about the crap reliability, but that's what you get for cheap.

everything in China is fake, how can you make sweeping statement like that, how can you so sure? just guessing.

Pity crap reliability....., Are you sure? another sweeping statement. I heard the recent reliability problem was solved already.

It is always very easy to criticize, can you personally/your organization take criticisms. You can criticize when your known facts are accurate, and don't do it for sake of doing it or for your own gain.

I bought many parts(components, DAC, radios,head and speakers amplifiers) from China all of them worked very well, none failed. I believe there are some parts that are fake I don't believe ALL of them are fakes. During post war Japan many of their products are copies, and similarly the components they manufactured, are they doing this now, NO. It will take at least another 5-10yrs for the Chinese to reduce copying to a minimun.

Oct 4, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #263 of 336
Quote:

Originally Posted by ttan98 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
everything in China is fake, how can you make sweeping statement like that, how can you so sure? just guessing.

Pity crap reliability....., Are you sure? another sweeping statement. I heard the recent reliability problem was solved already.

It is always very easy to criticize, can you personally/your organization take criticisms. You can criticize when your known facts are accurate, and don't do it for sake of doing it or for your own gain.

I bought many parts(components, DAC, radios,head and speakers amplifiers) from China all of them worked very well, none failed. I believe there are some parts that are fake I don't believe ALL of them are fakes. During post war Japan many of their products are copies, and similarly the components they manufactured, are they doing this now, NO. It will take at least another 5-10yrs for the Chinese to reduce copying to a minimun.

I'm affraid when I see the inscription behind all the Marantz products I sell.... "Made in China..."
ph34r.gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #264 of 336
Quote:

Mate I hear even the people in China are fake! Amazing huh.

As for this nice entry puddle of audio and reliability, I think it's pretty hit and miss. Far too many misses for my liking but you can always get something better. .. for more money.

Oct 4, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #265 of 336
Quote:

One day got to the music street in Shanghai (sort of the economic capital in china) its called Jingling. Thats a street full of instruments/ guitar shops.
You'll find thousands of guitars, not one of them is real, the sellers dont even try to hide it.

Everything in china is not fake, everything that is valuable is copied.

Oct 4, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #266 of 336
Counterfeit opa627 opa637 can be extremely profitable, take generic opamps and sell them for $10+ a pop. But someone tested the opamps sold in conjunction with the zero and said it passed the resistance test. There are other tests, but if it sounds good and passes this test it is probably authentic.

And it's important to distinguish between counterfeits that simply strip away the cost of the brand logo and counterfeits that deliberately rip people off and give them dysfunctional goods. There will always be a large amount of both types of counterfeits from China because they are the manufacturing base of the world and the economy invites such things. Well-constructed counterfeit purses have value, fake opamps are just scams.

Oct 5, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #267 of 336
more opamps arrived today!
biggrin.gif
thank god for samples!

Oct 5, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #269 of 336
mmm i am currently using dual channel versions. i am not sure if anyone uses single versions in their zero.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back