Thunderpants vs Hd650, Dt880, K701
Dec 7, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #16 of 18
I can say from firsthand experience that the O2 is more than capable of driving the Fostex and HD650.  I haven't had the chance to try the other two headphones, but I'd imagine there wouldn't be any problems.

Dec 28, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #17 of 18
Hi All

I currently have the HD650's, the DT880(600 Ohms) and the K702, and I am in the process of building my Thunderpants.  And as far as the former three are concerned I have to say that stock, the DT880's on a proper amp, are by far the best listening experience in general, however as soon as you start tweaking, things start to get interesting!  I balanced my cables on the HD650's over the weekend and replaced the earpads with leather pads with a proper seal, and that has made a whole world of difference, I compared them to the DT880's again over the last few days, and the changes are startling.  The HD650 are far from laid back now, they are actually a joy to listen to, and they make the DT880's sound weak.  As far as the K702's are concerned I find them difficult to listen to, it's not that they aren't beautiful, it's just that the music is somehow less exciting.  I will have to get back to you about the Thunderpants mod on the T50RP, but I am very excited to get them finalised and start comparing.

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #18 of 18

I will have to get back to you about the Thunderpants mod on the T50RP, but I am very excited to get them finalised and start comparing.

Can't wait to hear your impressions. you also bring up an interesting point of doing small tweaks to the other three that cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back