Thunderpants mod vibrolabs
Jul 10, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #16 of 63
Interesting, I wonder if it goes straight on.

Jul 10, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #17 of 63
Need to remove about 15mm from each side

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #18 of 63
Need to remove about 15mm from each side

FYI the 788 kicks ass, such a nice amp and I love the DAC. More than enough power, It also has amazing resolution and brings out the best in the T50 driver.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #19 of 63
Jeez I put lambskin pads on and the bass is crazy.

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #20 of 63
Got my bf pads from AliExpress. They are huge and comfortable but the ear holes are so big they don’t make a good seal on my head which reduces the base but makes them super clear. They look amazing too. Only negative is the seal.

Jul 11, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #21 of 63
Got my bf pads from AliExpress. They are huge and comfortable but the ear holes are so big they don’t make a good seal on my head which reduces the base but makes them super clear. They look amazing too. Only negative is the seal.

Pics? & Link.

Jul 11, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #22 of 63
image3.jpeg image2.jpeg image1.jpeg
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32877135026.html?

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #24 of 63
wow so I just hooked up the 788 and your right it is a good pairing with these. Running balanced and its more then enough power and omg so clear. Been listening to my playlist and such a difference over my emotiva/topping dx3 combo. from fleetwood mac the chain to 2pac Ambitionz Az A Ridah, the detail is amazing. at the beginning of Ambitionz Az A Ridah it sound like 2pac is whispering walking around me, never sounded like that before. Then with some daft punk doing it right, the base is just hitting so freakin hard. Im ready to ditch the emotiva now hahaha. Now that im able to run balanced I dont think I need it.

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #25 of 63
wow so I just hooked up the 788 and your right it is a good pairing with these. Running balanced and its more then enough power and omg so clear. Been listening to my playlist and such a difference over my emotiva/topping dx3 combo. from fleetwood mac the chain to 2pac Ambitionz Az A Ridah, the detail is amazing. at the beginning of Ambitionz Az A Ridah it sound like 2pac is whispering walking around me, never sounded like that before. Then with some daft punk doing it right, the base is just hitting so freakin hard. Im ready to ditch the emotiva now hahaha. Now that im able to run balanced I dont think I need it.

Yep, I like how the detail is there but somehow it does not lose out on timbre.

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #26 of 63
Brainwavz XL Pad Review coming soon...
  • Velour
  • Hybrid
  • Micro-suede
  • Lambskin
  • Micro-suede Gel

Jul 20, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #27 of 63
IMG_0849.JPG
Vesperaudio hybrid pads got here along with the turbulentlabs leather headband, super happy with these now.

Jul 20, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #28 of 63

Vesperaudio hybrid pads got here along with the turbulentlabs leather headband, super happy with these now.

Are the Audeze verspers, how much?

That headband is taking it to the next level there! I used a Dekoni Blue so the headband looks pretty good but I might do this for my MK2. I also have the TH900 cable shortened to about 7ft and terminated to XLR, I making an adapter from the remaining piece.

Here is an article I did on Brainwavz XL's, The Gel suedes are nice.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/brainwavz-xl-gel-microsuede.23836/

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #29 of 63
Pads were like 70 bucks shipped. I asked for audeze and then tweaked them like added the flange on the back and changed the angle up, also opted for mem foam

Jul 20, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #30 of 63
Pads were like 70 bucks shipped. I asked for audeze and then tweaked them like added the flange on the back and changed the angle up, also opted for mem foam

What flange was added?

Can you take a few detailed pics of the pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back