Thumbscrew? for RSA Tomahawk
Feb 6, 2008 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

robbiesurp

New Head-Fier
I have lost one of the 2 thumbscrew nuts? (i'm not sure what this is called) that hold the battery plate on to my Tomahawk amplifier.

Is this a part that I can find locally or do I need to get a replacement from RSA?

It looks like something that may be at a hardware store, but I have no idea what the piece is actually called.

Feb 6, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #2 of 21
Same thing happened to me and found a temporary fix in a hrdware store. I then called Ray at RSA and ordered 4 screws which he sent promptly.

Feb 6, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 21
I am sure Ray can supply with a spare thumbscrew.
For a small fee, or perhaps even for free..

Feb 6, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #5 of 21
I lost one about 6 months ago, and had to contact Ray to get one- and no, they aren't free. I tried to find a substitute in the meantime,but had no luck.

Feb 6, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #6 of 21
Just so you know, when I spoke with Ray he told me that he has those screws specially made for his amps so they're not available at places like Home Depot or wherever. It would be nice if they were, though ; )

Feb 7, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #9 of 21
If you cant have it back, replace it with allen screw same as the front.
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #10 of 21
That's what I did, Blue is the semi-lock, unlike the White or Green that's used for a more permanent lock. Anyway this information is pretty useless after the fact that you've already lost your nuts.

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what I did, Blue is the semi-lock, unlike the White or Green that's used for a more permanent lock. Anyway this information is pretty useless after the fact that you've already lost your nuts.

So...blue nuts would be useful?
cool.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #12 of 21
I am fortunate enough to live somewhat close to Ray. When I bought my Tomahawk, I went to his house to pick it up. He warned me that the replacement nuts are very expensive because they are custom made. He has to buy off the shelf nuts and the have them shortened so that they are not too thick.

Feb 8, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #13 of 21
that's why i'm very careful when changing batteries in my hornet. as much as i can, i just use the charger to charge the battery. i'm afraid of losing the thumbscrews

Feb 8, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

nail polish is the same thing only cheaper, esp if you are a girl or dress like one or know one.

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nail polish is the same thing only cheaper, esp if you are a girl or dress like one or know one.

I do!

...or maybe not...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back