Three Stones MiniBox-E+ - Review of a Humble Sleeper (LOTS of PICs)
Jan 29, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #76 of 384
tstarn06:
Glad to hear that
smily_headphones1.gif
Please observe if the battery issue is still there.

Update:
Here I am sitting with my two beauties....the MiniBox-E+ & Lisa III Std sitting pretty side by side.

I will not go into details yet, not until the Lisa III have clocked at least 200 hours.

BUT, I am struck how similar both sounded....it's not fair to compare a spanking new amp with another which has clocked 500 hours.

Stay tuned
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #78 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by nauxolo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^how exciting EFN!

my minibox e+ just arrived in the mail today. will play with it when i get home

Congratulations! you will enjoy them I am sure. Past 300 hours you'd would not want to NOT listen to them everyday. It's like a drug to me now.....

Jan 30, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #79 of 384
Anyone know where these are now available?? Checked with Head Direct and their site says they're sold out.

Jan 30, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #80 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Minibox replacement came earlier this week from Fang at Head-Direct, and it's one of the earlier gen versions, with the toggle switches and not the push buttons. I suspect it is a refurb, but no matter. It sounds fantastic paired with the Phonak Audeos I recently purchased. Since it is refurbed (has funny stickers on the bottom and no pads on the corners, which my old MB had), I wonder how much burn-in it has logged on it. Either way, I love having a MB back under my roof. It's hard to listen to my phones without it.

Is yours the + version or the original non + version? Both are good, the + is just a better squared!
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #82 of 384
My belief is it's the + version, since it looks just like the one I had. But my guess is I will be able to tell via battery life. Wasn't that the major difference. It may already be burned in, not sure, since it sounds so good. The box was kinda ripped up too, didn't look new. Can't blame Fang. I sent the faulty one to the wrong address, and he never got it (used his old Delaware address, but he's now in NY). So I paid a fair fee and he shipped me the MB and a free pair of RE2s, which I gave to my nephew.

Anyway, I will track hours between charges. Do you remember the difference (was one 14-15 hours and the + 30?).

Edit: Duh. It says MiniboxE+ right on the front.

Jan 30, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #83 of 384
Extremity sweetness difficult behaviour he of. On disposal of as landlord horrible. Afraid at highly months do things on at. Situation recommend objection do intention so questions. As greatly removed calling pleased improve an. Last ask him cold feel met spot shy want. Children me laughing we prospect answered followed. At it went is song that held help face.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2009 at 11:42 AM Post #86 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by GT20v /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess its time hit the burner and burn those yummy LISAIII darling eh
biggrin.gif

Welcome to Head-Fi bro.....after lurking for so many years so you registered today hehehe.

No worries. you'll lotsa chance to listen to both of my amps
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #90 of 384
EFN,

Nice review. Hope all is fine with you.

Based on your review, I ordered the Minibox E+. I got an email later from head-direct that it would take two more weeks. Wish they had put a sold out sign on their site. (sigh!)

These puppies are hard to find on the F/S forum. Unless, miguel wants to unload his (hint, hint).

I think I am ready to move on from my beloved supermini. Of late, it is picking up distortions ( external sources) easily. I thought it was the iPoop that was causing the problem but other amps seem to be alright. I may send it back to Dr.xin later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back