Three Stones MiniBox-E+ - Review of a Humble Sleeper (LOTS of PICs)
Jan 13, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #16 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I called TTVJ last week to inquire if they have the minibox-E+ in stock. They're out and they do not know when they will receive any.

lol.

Been there done that.
biggrin.gif

I would have already bought one from Todd. I still want to try this amp.

Thanks EFN for this review!

Jan 13, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #17 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol.

Been there done that.
biggrin.gif

I would have already bought one from Todd. I still want to try this amp.

Thanks EFN for this review!

Guess we just have to wait.
happy-080.gif

Jan 14, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #20 of 384
Great review EFN.

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #21 of 384
GreatDane & wuwhere:
Have u guys considered contacting Head-Direct? they seems to have stock.

dfkt:
Unfortunately I am permanently on high impedance mode so I can't confirm how this amp will pair with high sensitivity IEMs. Perhaps someone else can enlighten you on this.

ZephyrSapphire:
I think he's referring to the entire rig which does look like a retrofitted plastic bomb rig
ph34r.gif

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #22 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ZephyrSapphire:
I think he's referring to the entire rig which does look like a retrofitted plastic bomb rig
ph34r.gif

Lol. So very true. "Oooo. What does this button do?", quoted from DeeDee.

Jan 14, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #23 of 384
EFN great review and pictures. I love and so do you it seems the MiniBox-E+. It is an outstanding amp that IMO does not get the credit it deserves, mostly because it is so inexpensive. But those who look the other way do not know what they are missing! We do.
smily_headphones1.gif

Now, allow me to recommend you get a pair of AD797 op-amps. It provides a bit darker sound kind of tube like in their lushness, it would be a relatively cheap purchase and it may add to your listening experience.

A note is needed to explain probably the main reason that pushbuttons are used in the latest reincarnation of the MiniBox-E+. Simple, a few owners reported breaks of the toggle switch.

Anyways, continue enjoying the MiniBox-E+.

Jan 14, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #24 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol. So very true. "Oooo. What does this button do?", quoted from DeeDee.

LOL! actually I am very uneasy about getting myself a MicroDAC 2006....u know those enclosure looked like a M18A1 Claymore Antipersonnel Mine
ph34r.gif

US_M18a1_claymore_mine.jpg

Jan 14, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #26 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL! actually I am very uneasy about getting myself a MicroDAC 2006....u know those enclosure looked like a M18A1 Claymore Antipersonnel Mine
ph34r.gif

US_M18a1_claymore_mine.jpg

Oh crap. *BOOM*

Jan 14, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #27 of 384
Excellent review. I owned a 2nd gen E+ and through no one's fault, I had to send it back to Fang at H-D and it got lost in the mail (it was having a problem holding a charge). Fang, an excellent CS person, worked out a deal with me, and I am now waiting for the next batch to come in (2-3 weeks). Fang told me the man in China who builds these started working longer hours in his day job, and is making many fewer, hence the wait. Just glad I am getting a new one, to connect to the W3s I got for Xmas (and a few other IEMs too).

Jan 14, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #28 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent review. I owned a 2nd gen E+ and through no one's fault, I had to send it back to Fang at H-D and it got lost in the mail (it was having a problem holding a charge). Fang, an excellent CS person, worked out a deal with me, and I am now waiting for the next batch to come in (2-3 weeks). Fang told me the man in China who builds these started working longer hours in his day job, and is making many fewer, hence the wait. Just glad I am getting a new one, to connect to the W3s I got for Xmas (and a few other IEMs too).

Hope you get the replacement soon. I kinda prefer the lever switches than the push buttons.

How I wish to know the China guy who make this amp - it's a poor thing he have to work long hours at daytime and then go back home making amps. He deserve some warm words from his amp users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back