Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary Edition, NFB-1AMP, NFB-3AMP)
Nov 23, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #436 of 785
Price for balanced cable?

I would really love it if audio-gd had a black friday sale.

I took the mid tier copper cable, 8 wires hand braided, for 125€ with shipping.

http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=80

They also offer hybrid cables, and terminate it with everything you can think of, if its not on the homepage just send Matt an email and he'll take care of it :wink:

For 1,5m cable it seems to be a lot of money, but its all hand made with best materials.

Regarding black friday sales from audio-gd, i would not like it and i think it will never happen, and thats good.

Imo they have a similar philosophy as for example Schiit, good products with top quality parts and quality control for a reasonable price, and that price only, no sales or stuff like that.

Unfortunately thats a rare thing, but you know, the customer seems to be happy if told that he "saves" 50% on something, when in reality he actually pays the "right" price :p

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #437 of 785
I took the mid tier copper cable, 8 wires hand braided, for 125€ with shipping.

http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=80

They also offer hybrid cables, and terminate it with everything you can think of, if its not on the homepage just send Matt an email and he'll take care of it
wink.gif

For 1,5m cable it seems to be a lot of money, but its all hand made with best materials.

Regarding black friday sales from audio-gd, i would not like it and i think it will never happen, and thats good.

Imo they have a similar philosophy as for example Schiit, good products with top quality parts and quality control for a reasonable price, and that price only, no sales or stuff like that.

Unfortunately thats a rare thing, but you know, the customer seems to be happy if told that he "saves" 50% on something, when in reality he actually pays the "right" price :p

But isn't agd heavily criticised on some sites for gaudy and unnecessary bulky designs? THey don't matter to me either way and I'll be buying an amp and dac from them. However, like everyone, I would like a discount to sweeten the deal.

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #438 of 785
But isn't agd heavily criticised on some sites for gaudy and unnecessary bulky designs? THey don't matter to me either way and I'll be buying an amp and dac from them. However, like everyone, I would like a discount to sweeten the deal.

Well like i said, deals make the people happy :wink:

But to make deals possible and that they still earn with it they need to set the price accordingly, and that would mean that the rest of the time everyone would pay "too much", at least in my logic, but what do i know, im no salesman :p

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #439 of 785

Their designs aren't unnecessarily bulky. Just look inside--they're bulky because they are complex.

Dec 12, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #443 of 785
I'm not sure how to evaluate NFB-1AMP synergy.  It's simply a very neutral, unoffensive amp.  It imparts a nice sound stage, doesn't color the sound, and perhaps doesn't provide that last level of detail resolution...  but overall does a very admirable job.   So, hmmm, if you're using a DAC that perhaps suffers from HF rolloff, then maybe NFB-1AMP isn't a great pairing.  If you're trying to impart some kind of distinct musical signature through the amp, then maybe the NFB-1AMP isn't for you.  I dunno....  just sorta winging it here, based on what I hear through mine.  :)

Dec 12, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #444 of 785

Yeah, I agree with those criticisms.  The AGD form factor is not optimal.  And next to my DAC on the desk, you get the picture....

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #445 of 785
They're criticized for utilitarian and bulky designs, not for being gaudy. As far as I'm concerned, the results speak for themselves.

If this is how big they've gotta be to sound so good, I'll make the room.

I'd rather have something big and heavy with proper component separation and cooling than an elegant and beautiful piece of overpriced desk jewelry.

My Master-11 has its own little desk.

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #446 of 785
Just got my new DAC - LKS MH-DA003, hooked up to NFB-1AMP in balanced mode.
Sounds better than my previous iFi idsd nano, 6x times in price, so it is expected.
Overall SQ is improved, bass, transparency and image.

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #447 of 785
Looks like I got the NFB-3AMP just in time? It's already in the discontinued products page. Only been available for 6 months.

Update: Kingwa confirmed to me the NFB-3AMP was discontinued because of poor sales. Looks like the NFB-1AMP and C2 took up all the spotlight.

Dec 30, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #448 of 785
The NFB1 looks really nice! Does anyone have an opinion on the nfb1 for my HD800s? If I got the nfb1amp, I'd likely upgrade my Teac UDH-01 DAC to an r2r variety. Otherwise, I'm thinking about the Master 9 and keeping my Teac, or getting the Master 11 and calling it quits. My only concern about the M11 is that I'd be better off getting a Schiit multibit .

Opinions are appreciated, as this is my first headphone setup of any real quality.

Dec 30, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #449 of 785
If you read Skylab's old review of the Audio-gd Phoenix, that's a good write-up of what the NFB1AMP sounds like with HD800s. I'd ditch the Teac personally. Every DAC of theirs in their latest range I've auditioned didn't sound good to me. Overall though I don't think there is a bad choice between Audio-gd and Schiit Audio.

Dec 30, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #450 of 785
If you read Skylab's old review of the Audio-gd Phoenix, that's a good write-up of what the NFB1AMP sounds like with HD800s. I'd ditch the Teac personally. Every DAC of theirs in their latest range I've auditioned didn't sound good to me. Overall though I don't think there is a bad choice between Audio-gd and Schiit Audio.

Thanks for your help. Is there an appreciable difference between Master 9 and nfb1? Is it just the power conditioning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back