Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary Edition, NFB-1AMP, NFB-3AMP)
Feb 27, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #481 of 785
Anybody have a experience with both the NFB-1AMP and the Lehmann Black Cube Linear?
I own the BCL now, use it with my HD800. Amazing out of the box synergy. Wondering if the NFB-1AMP would surpass it?

Mar 8, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #482 of 785
Getting excited... my C-2 11th should be arriving tomorrow or next day.... can't wait to get this puppy hooked up to my dac-19 10th and give it a whirl with hd650, dt990 600 ohm and k7xx!
Then a little scrimping and saving for perhaps he-500/560 or lcd-2 something in that price range planar wise to put some of that power to use!
Any recommendations/experience with a similar setup?

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #483 of 785
eschell27 can you take a pic of the remote and maybe make a video or just let me know how it adjusts volume via remote?  I almost got the c2 11th as a preamp for my speaker system.. would like to know what I passed up

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #484 of 785
Yah i can try to take a short little vid with my phone later and stick it on youtube or something of the sort... what exactly are you curious about so i can make sure to try capturing it? I have just the little basic remote that comes with it for free, the optional metal remote looks a lot nicer, i bought this second hand and the original owner did not purchase it..,. i may order one down the road as i just like the way it looks... but there is nothing wrong with this one. But just having a decent little remote that works well with an amp that sounds this amazing in this price range is a nice little bonus... if it works half as well used for it's preamp functionality as it sounds pushing headphones it's well worth it. I really dig the way my Little Dot MK4se (with it's stock tubes, upgraded though from the MK4 stock tubes...still haven't tried rolling any yet) sounds but in the last few hours im starting to think this may be better!

Here is a pic of the basic remote until i can try making a video:

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #485 of 785
Forgive me if this is a silly question... this came with my C-2 11th and i cannot find any information about what it is used for...

Mar 9, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #486 of 785
Forgive me if this is a silly question... this came with my C-2 11th and i cannot find any information about what it is used for...

I dont own the C2, only its balanced brother NFB-1amp, but to me it looks like a spare volpot.
I dont have a lot knowledge in electronics so i am in no way shure, best you check this with Kingwa directly, he was very responsive when i had questions :)

Mar 9, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #487 of 785
it's definitely a spare volume pot.  They are the most common thing to get damaged in shipping so audiogd gives you an extra one

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #488 of 785
Looking to replace my Gustard H-10. It's between this and the M-Stage HPA-3B. I'm leaning towards this one.

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #489 of 785
Looking to replace my Gustard H-10. It's between this and the M-Stage HPA-3B. I'm leaning towards this one.

It's really hard to beat Audio-gd for the price and the quality.  I like how you can customize their DACs/amps when you purchase.

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #490 of 785
I just recently got a C-2 11th anniversary. Have a DAC-19 10th Anniversary also. They are hard to beat in and above their price range for build and sound quality. Top notch reliability in my exerpeince and excellent support when needed. I won't think twice in the future about upgrading to more Audio-gd equipment.

Apr 3, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #492 of 785
How do I place an order?

Send an email to audio-gd@126.com with the details of your order and request for a quote. Paypal fees and shipping information will be included in their quotation if you are paying via Paypal.

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #493 of 785
Send an email to audio-gd@126.com with the details of your order and request for a quote. Paypal fees and shipping information will be included in their quotation if you are paying via Paypal.

Cool! Thanks! I was looking through the classifieds for a NFB-1, but couldn't find one. Also, it'll be powering He-500. What gain should I get? Thanks!

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #494 of 785
Hi I'm Risbo and I'm new here. Thank you to all of you whose posts I'd read and enjoyed before taking a plunge and ordering my C2+DAC19 from Audio GD. I should probably continue to lurk and keep quiet at least until I receive and test these components my system, but I can't. Instead, I have a question to ask : has anyone used the ACSS out on his C2 to connect to the XLR on his amp? Can this be done? I know C2 comes with RCA outputs to boot but I want to know if the ACSS output can be taken advantage of by means of a modded cable. I'm presuming there might be some benefit in using the ACSS path, but I may be completely wrong. Can anyone elaborate on this?

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #495 of 785
Hi I'm Risbo and I'm new here. Thank you to all of you whose posts I'd read and enjoyed before taking a plunge and ordering my C2+DAC19 from Audio GD. I should probably continue to lurk and keep quiet at least until I receive and test these components my system, but I can't. Instead, I have a question to ask : has anyone used the ACSS out on his C2 to connect to the XLR on his amp? Can this be done? I know C2 comes with RCA outputs to boot but I want to know if the ACSS output can be taken advantage of by means of a modded cable. I'm presuming there might be some benefit in using the ACSS path, but I may be completely wrong. Can anyone elaborate on this?

As far as i know you can only connect acss to acss and nothing else.

The acss system is current based and xlr or rca connections work voltage based (at least i think so...).

I have a NFB-1.32 DAC and an NFB-1AMP and use acss between them.
I did not compare with other connections, but i guess it should outperform the other connections since there are less components in the signal path.

Please take all the above as IMO, i only have a really basic knowledge of amp and dac design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back