Three Brand New Earphones: Sony IER-Z1R, IER-M9 and IER-M7
Apr 3, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #1,351 of 1,485
Based on reviews i think i eill really like the sound signature of the z1r, bassy warm and not to harsh highs
But i really dislike an uncomfortable iem
I can’t audition then as theres no sony showroom that display it inmy city
So i need some inputs 😢

You might like M9 just as well in that case- at least I find it much more comfortable (some people seem to struggle with tip selection and some sort of 'excessive/vacuum seal' effect). Although perhaps z1r suits those requirements relative to your hearing experience- always hard to say w/ that sort of thing. M9 doesn't have the "wow" factors of z1r (big dynamics, almost headphone-like soundstage, very tactile bass)- it's the boring cousin, but I think I overall prefer it, and also half the price (in some places).

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #1,352 of 1,485
anyone elses M7 earhooks getting kinda like gross? i try to wipe them after each use but still theyre slightly sticky and it looks like there may even be liquid in them? i was planning on selling them but idk how to explain that :\

Apr 23, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #1,353 of 1,485
anyone elses M7 earhooks getting kinda like gross? i try to wipe them after each use but still theyre slightly sticky and it looks like there may even be liquid in them? i was planning on selling them but idk how to explain that :\
Tou can switch to a third party cable. Yes mine look oily too but the earpices are fine and very convenient for trips (lightweight)

Apr 24, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #1,354 of 1,485
Planning to get Sony IER Z1R soon. The source which i am going to use it with is my DAP, Cayin N6ii with two of its modules, A01 and E02. Anyone here tried the same combo? Does it sound underpowered(A01) or bright(E02) with my DAP and its modules?

Apr 24, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #1,356 of 1,485
Nw-A25 drivew the IER-M7 pretty well despite its lowly 10mW output power
Don’t know about the M7, but the M9 is surprisingly power hungry. I use it mostly with the Chord Hugo 2 and it really improves with higher volume. For some reason it doesn’t get THAT much louder, but becomes more dynamic.
I use higher volume settings with the M9 than any other of my IEMs

Apr 26, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #1,357 of 1,485
The ier-M7 sounds bewt with more power. I am so surprised bu the spundstage it is capable of and the hatd hirting bass.
3D0FFF5A-4EFA-4837-B7F5-CDDCD0988642.jpeg

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #1,360 of 1,485
I feel the synergy betqeen Oppo HA-2 and IER-M7 is pretty good oppo used as pure amp) than with both z1R

Jul 9, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #1,365 of 1,485
is there anyone who has z1r and m9 both? can you share some impressions on m9 ? can I use it as my daily driver alongside m9? or should i go for mest mk1?
M9 = drinking pure water. clean and organic (everything sounds just right). instrumental cues top notch. non-fatiguing. fit is amazing, unlike someone (looking at my beloved IER-Z1R).

Z1R = yeah, water is good for you, but it's not fun. This is the Cola/Whisky/Scotch version (or whatever, I don't drink). The Bass is clean, rumbling, massive, with a slow decay. What mids? The Treble is smooth and extends so far that you need a telescope to follow.

On a more serious note: M9 is good for a relaxed tone, overall quite balance with a great fit. Z1R is good for when you want to feel the music, quite exciting yet refined. Just the fit isn't for everyone.

I sold everything once I got the IER-Z1R though. That included the M7, M9, Xelento, S8F, Andromeda, iSine 20, etc. Just to show how much I love this iem.

I demoed mest once from a friend. Honestly, I didn't like it. Personal preference and all, but Z1R and M9 should cover most of your needs. Heck, even just Z1R is more than enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back