Mar 27, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 8
I had to google that ...
6a12ef75_smallfeature_cheese.jpg
muspics90s_ad_05_lg.jpg

remind me of the Grado with yellow duck foamies

Mar 31, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #4 of 8
received the phones in the mail today, pictures to follow
first off, let's start with packaging:
very amusing, the tube of "cheese headphones" (very durable, virtually unseen in today's markets) includes a daily nutrition chart featuring the frequency response, sensitivity and distortion. though I was disappointed when the label on the side read in  bold "does not contain edible cheese" sad day for us all....
5:5
build quality: even after a decade or so, the cheese has held up remarkably well, no sign of deterioration except in a couple areas where the foam has chipped a bit. not unexpected at all for something of this age. But just like real cheese, aging makes a world of difference, hopefully, the sound sig has had a change to age..err burn in along with the cheese

accessories: what can I say, it's got two wedges of cheese! for those who like to walk the world proud with bit of "bling blong" this is a essential "accessory"

sound quality: Unamped:
bass:  slight roll off, but not by much, very good for the price especially considering that these are in fact ear buds, a rather significant improvement over the stock crapple earbuds

mids: not forward nor recessed

treble: neutral, good detail for the price, not overly sparkly nor recessed

soundstage: this is one area which these cheese headphones are actually lacking a bit in, instrument separation is decent, but the soundstage is nonexistant

Ipod classi 7th gen, lossless files, sendstation linout kit w/ a ibasso t3d:
bass response is much better, everything sees an improvement, cleaner and smoother as well with a slight emphasis on the treble region.

overall sound Sig: very balanced with no emphasis on any frequency range
4:5 (one complaint, they are very very hard to drive, 80-90% of the Ipod's volume range, equivalent to a pair of 250ohm Beyer's

summary: for $20, I highly recommend these phones to anyone looking to stand out a bit from the average Joe. these phones receive my sonic quartz award!. for once, the packaging did not lie, I really did look the person beaming with pride as soon as i clipped the phones onto my ears and let the music flow...

Mar 31, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #5 of 8
Kill it. With fire.

It's pretty cool that they sound good though.

Freakin Cheeseheads.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back