Thoughts on the Outdoor Technology DJ Slims?
May 28, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #2 of 11
Wireless jecklin floats! 

In all seriousness, these look sketchy. Reviews seem to be staged, no headphone will have absolutely perfect reviews. If you want to ditch the wireless, buy a pair of Koss pro dj100. $42 on amazon. 

May 28, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
Wireless jecklin floats! 

In all seriousness, these look sketchy. Reviews seem to be staged, no headphone will have absolutely perfect reviews. If you want to ditch the wireless, buy a pair of Koss pro dj100. $42 on amazon. 

Hence my skepticism on them, although the design is absolutely amazing in my opinion.

I don't believe even to go as far that the reviews are staged, but they seem to be a little too good to be true.

I never had a pair of Wireless Headphones, and I believe it would be a nice change since I'm always on the go.

The Koss pro dj100's seem ugly and plain, but I'm sure their quality must be good.

Anyone else?

May 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #6 of 11
Mostly everyone's either at school or work at this hour. Anyway as mentioned already those don't look like a wise purchase. As for what's best for you it all depends on what kind of music you like. I'll just go on a whim and assume that you want these for portable use and want them closed with a sense of aesthetic taste. 

May 28, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
Mostly everyone's either at school or work at this hour. Anyway as mentioned already those don't look like a wise purchase. As for what's best for you it all depends on what kind of music you like. I'll just go on a whim and assume that you want these for portable use and want them closed with a sense of aesthetic taste. 

I see. I don't see any reason as to why these wouldn't be a wise purchase. I enjoy mostly Dubstep/Techno & Rock/Rap. Your assumption was correct, I want them for portable use and with a sense of aesthetic taste, but I'm skeptic as to how good the quality and sound is of them.

May 28, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #8 of 11
Wireless cans, especially bluetooth, usually have remarkably bad sound quality. Which is why they aren't often discussed on this forum, or made by many of the popular "Higher end" brands. To me, these really seem like a pair of skullcandy-esque cans. If you want portable cans, Koss portapros would be good for you. Since those are reasonably ugly, the Sony mdr-v55 have gotten good reviews and look nice. Though are around $90. 

May 28, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
Wireless cans, especially bluetooth, usually have remarkably bad sound quality. Which is why they aren't often discussed on this forum, or made by many of the popular "Higher end" brands. To me, these really seem like a pair of skullcandy-esque cans. If you want portable cans, Koss portapros would be good for you. Since those are reasonably ugly, the Sony mdr-v55 have gotten good reviews and look nice. Though are around $90. 

Really? Why do Wireless cans have remarkably bad sound quality? 

May 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #10 of 11
Because the audio is being compressed a lot in order for it to be transmitted to the headphones themselves. Other types of wireless transmission are better than bluetooth, though still undergo compression are a bit more efficient (Like the Sync by 50 cent, even though the headphones themselves are awful. The wireless technology it uses is quite nice.). Wireless is practical for some uses, like for receiving phone calls with a bluetooth headset due to the fact that less audio quality is demanded for that task. All in all, I myself think wireless is a bit of a novelty, and is not worth the audio sacrifices you make when using it. 

May 31, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #11 of 11
Hey I was skeptical about the headphones too, but bought a pair for the easy use and portability. I got them for about $50 on sale. They are worth it! I'm not a super technical music type person, but I've had a few headphones before. These are comparable to other $50-$100 headphones I've had and tried. They aren't noise canceling or anything but they are great mainly because they don't have the cord! I would recommend use with an iphone or ipod touch etc. It's geared toward mobile devices and iphones. I synced it with my computer first and got mad because the sound quality totally sucked and I thought I just wasted $50. Then I synced it with my ipod touch and the sound was great. I've also used it with my phone and it works great, granted i've only made phone calls indoors (i heard wind messes up the quality). I also found a review by pcmag.com i'll link below. I made this account just to comment on your question and tell you it's worth it. It's great not having to deal with the cord and having the controls to volume and play right on the headphone. Definitely worth it!

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2405003,00.asp?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ziffdavis%2Fpcmag+(PCMag.com%3A+New+Product+Reviews)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back