Thoughts on the new 1964 Ears V8
Feb 6, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #16 of 35
From what I've read (and I can assure you I've read pretty much every V8 related post on Head-fi) the V8s are pretty similar in sound signature but are more 'capable'. They will have slightly deeper bass, 'better' treble,but also a more comprehensive soundstage. There's a bit of a law of diminishing returns with iems about a few hundred bucks though, so whether it's worth it depends on 'how much' you hear.

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #17 of 35
i have tried both (V8 & Qi)...for me, V8's bass is more deeper, and soundstage is wider.
Qi is not that wide at all...Currently owns a V8 now (ciem) ... i am loving it, gave up my FX850...

Mar 4, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #18 of 35
Thanks for the replies. I went with the quads, as I'm a drummer and saw that a lot of artists use the quads. I hope I din't make the wrong choice. But I'm also interested in something a little more balance and will be looking at something similar to the V6S. Everyone seems to love them and they are much better priced than the JH13s, but it doesn't seem like many people are selling theirs. If any A12 kickstarter buyers want to sell any of theirs I'll be interested. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #19 of 35
  Thanks for the replies. I went with the quads, as I'm a drummer and saw that a lot of artists use the quads. I hope I din't make the wrong choice. But I'm also interested in something a little more balance and will be looking at something similar to the V6S. Everyone seems to love them and they are much better priced than the JH13s, but it doesn't seem like many people are selling theirs. If any A12 kickstarter buyers want to sell any of theirs I'll be interested. 

Having listened to the whole demo set for a week, thoroughly, at home - I would say you cannot go wrong with the quads/qi on up. The quads are a huge value that I may end up with myself. From that point up, they all sound TOTL CIEM, but just with different signatures. The V8 are thicker and warmer if you prefer that kind of signature for fun, but the QI is a workhorse with tons of detail and lots of kick. My favorite all rounder was the v6 stage but may get the Qi instead as it is such a value and a more unique signature from my NT6pro.

Mar 4, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #20 of 35
  Having listened to the whole demo set for a week, thoroughly, at home - I would say you cannot go wrong with the quads/qi on up. The quads are a huge value that I may end up with myself. From that point up, they all sound TOTL CIEM, but just with different signatures. The V8 are thicker and warmer if you prefer that kind of signature for fun, but the QI is a workhorse with tons of detail and lots of kick. My favorite all rounder was the v6 stage but may get the Qi instead as it is such a value and a more unique signature from my NT6pro.

That makes it sound as if the V8 lacks clarity or detail over the Qi, which is so totally not the case...

Mar 4, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #21 of 35

That makes it sound as if the V8 lacks clarity or detail over the Qi, which is so totally not the case...

Not meant at all. Simply saying that they are both great with different signatures presenting songs in different ways.

May 18, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #23 of 35
Took the plunge. Finally got my V8s the other day. Perfect so far. Also bought a Westone Monitor Vault for a smaller case.

i immediately checked their website if they already have to V8s....V8 i supposed... but anyway, congratz on your new purchase...

Jun 15, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #26 of 35
  Not enough people have done a thorough review on this model - you should elaborate ;D

i have been using the V8 for months, im totally impressed, tried Layla, angie and K10 but my preference sticks to V8...
it's just i am not into reviewing stuffs, all i can say is i am 100% impressed.... :)

Jul 1, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #28 of 35
Considering these as my first CIEM. How do they compare to the Westone W30? Specifically interested in getting slightly more bass quantity but not losing that magical treble the W30 has. I can definitely use an airier soundstage :)

Jul 5, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #29 of 35
  Considering these as my first CIEM. How do they compare to the Westone W30? Specifically interested in getting slightly more bass quantity but not losing that magical treble the W30 has. I can definitely use an airier soundstage :)

From all of the reading I've done the V8 is a little heavy on the bass side. *Apparently* there's no bleed into the mids or anything, and the treble is more than comprehensive - but from what I've read the W30 is is more balanced for the most part. Bassed on that (see what I did there?) I'd suggest the V6S maybe?

Jul 5, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #30 of 35

While I love the W30 - the V8 (or V6S) is in another league - so much more accurate and detailed and rich sounding as to be silly. You are talking about a $400 retain IEM that is worth the money vs. a couple of CIEMs that are UNDERPRICED. Certainly there is the law of diminishing returns we talk about incessantly on these boards - but in this case it doesn't apply. Different planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back