Thoughts on the new 1964 Ears V8
Jul 5, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #31 of 35

From all of the reading I've done the V8 is a little heavy on the bass side. *Apparently* there's no bleed into the mids or anything, and the treble is more than comprehensive - but from what I've read the W30 is is more balanced for the most part. Bassed on that (see what I did there?) I'd suggest the V6S maybe?

While I love the W30 - the V8 (or V6S) is in another league - so much more accurate and detailed and rich sounding as to be silly. You are talking about a $400 retain IEM that is worth the money vs. a couple of CIEMs that are UNDERPRICED. Certainly there is the law of diminishing returns we talk about incessantly on these boards - but in this case it doesn't apply. Different planet.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Wish I could see a FR graph on the V8. I don't mind the extra bass vs the W30 but I hope it's not too mid-bass heavy. Want my subbass rumble :)

Jul 6, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #32 of 35

Thanks for the feedback guys. Wish I could see a FR graph on the V8. I don't mind the extra bass vs the W30 but I hope it's not too mid-bass heavy. Want my subbass rumble :)

From my experience with the V8 -- I had them for a little while but eventually decided to sell them -- you don't have to worry because sub- and midbass are wonderfully balanced. The whole low region of the spectrum is very coherent.

I would say anyway that even if the bass is blatantly above neutral, you cannot expect from the V8 the subbass rumble you may find in other quality dynamic driver IEMs. I'm not saying that they lack in that department, only that the texture is very different from DD-based monitors. More "educated", I guess...

Oct 9, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #33 of 35
Man, I am looking for my first IEMs, and I am stuck between the asg 2.5, and the 1964 Qi or the V8. I have tiny ears (Cause I am a youngster, but not to young.) and I think the asg will be to big. I listen to a lot of electronic and love my bass. My device would be my iphone, but I would upgrade to DX90.

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #34 of 35
Man, I am looking for my first IEMs, and I am stuck between the asg 2.5, and the 1964 Qi or the V8. I have tiny ears (Cause I am a youngster, but not to young.) and I think the asg will be to big. I listen to a lot of electronic and love my bass. My device would be my iphone, but I would upgrade to DX90.

i would say Q1 will be the best set-up for you as it will be driven by iphone and in the future dx90...
I just based it on your preference "bass"...goodluck 
beerchug.gif

Dec 30, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #35 of 35
  i would say Q1 will be the best set-up for you as it will be driven by iphone and in the future dx90...
I just based it on your preference "bass"...goodluck 
beerchug.gif

... So it is safe to state that the V8 is better than the W60 in terms of quality Bass / sub-bass regions? I listen to extended hours. As a music reference : Talk Talk's 1986 Colour of Spring album track 3 Life's what you make it, has audio content that challenges ALL types of output. I want to experience this again from my new V10s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back