Thoughts on my ER4p
Feb 2, 2005 at 1:36 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by keyid
I wish etymonics could have hired a product designer, looks like an engineer was in charge of this one...

I agree that they do look a bit more "industrial" than most earbuds, but I think that that is a good thing. Most of the people I have showed them to think that they look really expensive, even before I tell them about the two hundred dollar price tag.

Feb 2, 2005 at 1:49 AM Post #17 of 21
I do agree with the industrial look, they look more technical vs E3's, I just try and stay out of the "looks" department, leave that to the wife, but and a big but, I really like the blue/red deal. On my E3c's I put a small dot with permenant marker on the back of the left bud, solved that problem.

Feb 2, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #19 of 21
Looks are my department I guess being a industrial designer, To me it kinda looks like parts from a DIY kit probably because seen injection mold factories and catalogs that produce the ribbed parts (very generic). Yea color coding was very smart thought I would have trouble remembering because I do have a bad sense of right and left for some reason, but I dont have any trouble with the two colors, I should get a tattoo of red and blue on my hand lol.

Feb 2, 2005 at 4:06 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoPhil
I am currently demoing the ER4 and E5 and was/am thinking many of the same things as you...

everytime i take them out, i feel like my ear canal has been stretched out, and the sensation doesn't go away very quickly.

Ack! I had that exact same feeling for the first week! It did eventually go away though.
etysmile.gif

Feb 2, 2005 at 6:58 AM Post #21 of 21
Hmm... Maybe the looks aren't so bad. I was thinking they probably look cheap to some people so they're less prone to getting snatched. One of the people at my office told me it looked like I had electrodes in my ears
biggrin.gif
iPods, on the other hand, scream "steal me!" IMHO.

But to some maybe they look exotic or uncommon. It would seem a lot of audio enthusiasts -- including some people here -- like them for the DIY look.

Me, I wish they didn't come in those tacky basic colors. Although that's sort of the uniqueness and appeal of the design/brand.

I like the resulting emoticon here
etysmile.gif
Hahaha. No mistaking what that is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back