Thoughts on C&C Box+?
Aug 17, 2008 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Rolamoto

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking into a amp to drive both my current headphones (Sennheiser HD202) and the Grado SR60 I plan to buy. My source would mainly be an iPod Touch. The C&C Box+ caught my eye and looks fairly good for my price range (<$130) but I wanted to see what people here thought of it, and thanks to the name and the other C&C Box amps it's hard to search for here.

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #2 of 8
I like the Box+.
Battery lasts a long time, sounds clean, and would drive those Sr60's fine, as it drives my Sr80 fine, and theyre basically the same phones.

It drives anything i own ok. Its about at the end of its rope on the MB Quart 55X, depending on source level, but it doesnt sound like its limited in dynamics because of it, but i have to turn it more than half way to get to a fun volume.

The bass boost works well on music that needs a little boost.
I find it a fairly neutral amp for the most part, and it has a nice small form factor.
I say, if your interested in that amp, give it a go!
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2008 at 12:09 PM Post #3 of 8
I had a C&C Box v2 I used with Grados. It was a nice little amp Sound quality, build and Battery life were all excellent. based on that experience I sold it and bought an XO. Wrong move. I've gone through two of them, bad circuit and bad battery. My XO shouldn't concern you but the total lack of service should. No email response at all. C&C service has fallen off the face of the earth.

Aug 18, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #4 of 8
I ordered the C&C Box+ last week and had it sent to CA as we were set to do a 2-week visit with my sister. I've been here in CA for almost a week and have not gotten responses from emails I've sent to both headb support and to felix.(who's supposed to be better at responding to emails). I am concerned that the unit will get here when we've left....I can adjust the delivery destination and schedule I guess but I need to talk to someone!!!!

Headb is a sponsor to this forum and may carry more weight than a newbie like me. But from what I've been reading they have been quite insolent at not responding to the most basic of queries ( specially since they already have your money). I hope the moderators, owners, and more influential members of this forum can do something about headb's conduct.....as well as other vendors who conduct themselves similarly. Forum members get banned for unacceptable conduct...are vendors subject to the same fair treatment? I am just frustrated so this ranting.

Marco Carreon

Aug 19, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by marcoc74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headb is a sponsor to this forum and may carry more weight than a newbie like me. But from what I've been reading they have been quite insolent at not responding to the most basic of queries ( specially since they already have your money). I hope the moderators, owners, and more influential members of this forum can do something about headb's conduct.....as well as other vendors who conduct themselves similarly. Forum members get banned for unacceptable conduct...are vendors subject to the same fair treatment? I am just frustrated so this ranting.
Marco Carreon

I could not agree with you more......

After ordering an amp from headb, it did not arrive.
But because I ordered from headb with paypal, paypal was able to get my money back. After !!many!! emails to headb, no response. Thanks Paypal!

I also believe headb should be removed from the sponsor list.
angry_face.gif

Aug 27, 2008 at 10:52 AM Post #8 of 8
I concur!

It's been over a month since I parted with my money and still no package or response from headb. Prior to my purchase I found that Headb's sponsorship with Head-Fi gave me some confidence that they were a reputable dealer. How wrong this turned out to be... ugh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back